iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tragedy of Axe Men star

Started by Haytrader, March 01, 2010, 05:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

I saw a news flash where the four year old daughter of Axe man Jesse Browning was mauled to death by the family dog.
So sad.

Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dogThe Associated Press, March 1, 2010
ASTORIA, Ore. (AP) -- Oregon authorities say the 4-year-old daughter of a reality TV show star was mauled to death by the family's Rottweiler.

Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin says Ashlynn Anderson's mother found her badly injured on their lawn in Astoria on Sunday. Ashlynn is the daughter of Jesse Browning, who stars with his father on The History Channel's show about the logging industry called "Ax Men."

She was flown to a Portland hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

The attack happened four years to the day after officers had taken a Rottweiler from the same home after it bit an adult family member. The two Rottweilers at the Browning home have been quarantined
Haytrader

petefrom bearswamp

Sad indeed!
I wonder what the ENTIRE! circumstances were.
I can't imagine that the dog would only be quarantined, but all avenues must be investigated.
My heart goes out to the family.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

Very sad, and a story heard all too often from this breed, along with some others.
What a way to die.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishpharmer

Just terrible.  My prayers  go out to the Browning family. 

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

forest.c

very sad my prayers to the family.
forest.c

captain_crunch

That is Sad beyond Sad. My deepest sorrow for their family
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Frank H.

That is awful.  My prayers go out to the Browning family. 

As for the rottweilers, (and pit bulls and the like) shoot every last one of them.

WH_Conley

Personally, in my life style I would not have one. Most of these cases are the wrong breed in the wrong place, with the wrong care.
Bill

thumper

the dog should have been shot when it bit someone the first time, regardless of breed. dogs are dogs, ive had pitbulls and labs for 32 years but that doesnt mean i would leave my kids alone near any dog.
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

Dieselbreath

Quote from: Frank H. on March 02, 2010, 07:33:40 AM
That is awful.  My prayers go out to the Browning family. 

As for the rottweilers, (and pit bulls and the like) shoot every last one of them.

My prayers are for the little girl. In my opinion the parents are as much at fault as the dog. And I agree that rottweilers and pit bulls should all be shot.

JohnG28

Prayers definately go out to the family, thats terrible
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Ron Scott

~Ron

pappy19

Makes me sick just thinking about it. Those dogs are just too unpredictable. If you want a dog around kids, get a lap dog, at least they are not killers.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Ed_K

How awful, our prayers to Jesse,and the family. It happens, we had a husky that bit our niece. My son had a akieda that bit a friend of his,broke the arm. All dogs have times of agresion.
Ed K

thecfarm

That is so sad.The parents will blame themselves for the rest of their lives.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

treefarmer87

very sad indeed, you always see those breeds especially pits and rotts in similar instances on the news everyday. i would never own one.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

POC

Quote from: thumper on March 02, 2010, 12:01:38 PM
the dog should have been shot when it bit someone the first time, regardless of breed. dogs are dogs, ive had pitbulls and labs for 32 years but that doesnt mean i would leave my kids alone near any dog.
The quote doesn't say this was the same dog.  It sounds more like it was a DIFFERENT dog.

Speaking as a someone who sees dog bites, most bites are from "lap dogs".  Granted you are not likely to get killed by a Rat Terrier...

As someone else said, I wonder what the rest of the story is.
My thoughts have been with the family.
And that's all I have to say about that,
Patrick

tonto

Very sad. Prayers to Jessie and Jay and the whole family. Dogs can be aggressive at times, I was bite by a very friendly husky that felt he was cornered. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Jeb

Very sad. Prayers for the whole family.

Thank You Sponsors!