iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pine logs need

Started by Mr Mom, March 06, 2010, 06:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mom

Can someone tell me where i can get oine logs around northeast ohio.
Ashtabula county is where i live.
The sawmills around me are hardwood.
Might have to call them and see if they know of any.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Ironwood

Many many tree services would be glad to give you pine logs, little firewood value, and generally a PAIN to dispose of. I have a buddy w/ MOUNTAINS of pine logs (hardwood too) from tree guys. Here is a load I took to him in trade for hardwood logs. These were from a bank in town, the tree guy LOVES for me to show up and haul them away.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

wewacountryboy

Now that's a load for a 1 ton Ironwood! :)
Jonathan Hanson

Ironwood

I can go 17,500, so not really a one ton.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

woodmills1

one ton does mean the force needed to shear an axel   never a load designation

nice load though    ???  ya didn't shear an axel then??? :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Ironwood

The 350- 450- 550 all have differing axles.  The 450 has Dana 80's, The 550 has Dana S135's, w/ a square box tube. They are HEAVY DUTY. The same axles are used for up 26,000 lb trucks, so, no shear ;), This truck is made VERY stout, nearly every component is made for a heavier application. I have a few friends that wrench on medium duty truck daily, they like  what they see when I hire them to do work on it. Good nuff' fer me. The 550 also came w/ 588's factory, so highway screamer. I put in 391's w/ a Detroit Locker, because of the size of the axle it was about 2.5 times more expensive than even the Dana 80 would have been to convert. 

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!