iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

When to buy new mill

Started by Gagnon Mountain, September 19, 2018, 07:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gagnon Mountain

So I have pretty much decided on the WM LT15Go.  Now I have to decide if I should get the mill now or wait until spring.

I live in southeastern New Hampshire.  I have no issues working in the cold, cutting firewood is a year round chore for me.

Do the prices of new mills generally go up at the first of the year?

When does woodmizer offer the best discount?  I am aware of the current sale.

I will be going to the Deerfield fair next week and will talk to Ross and see the mills. 

Tony

Stephen1

Welcome to the forum, 
I would buy in the spring, I like to shut my mill down in the winter. Where I am , we gets lots of snow, snowmobiling and skiing.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

mike_belben

Other than heating oil, stoves, firewood, sleds, snowblowers, snowtires, salt, plows and shovels... Winter is the hardest time of year to make sales and the trucking spot markets certainly reflect that.  Everyone is buckled down with the additional costs of winter and less transactions are occuring. 

Come spring is tax returns, the easiest time of year to coax cash out of the masses. Generally speaking i would expect leverage to be in your favor as a winter sawmill buyer but thats entirely dependant on the sellers finances and or quotas.  
Praise The Lord

Magicman

The LT15Go is on sale now.  I would call Wood-Mizer and get the price now and projected Spring price. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAB

Being in NH I believe Ross is your closest dealer for W-M.
Ross usually has an open house sometime in April.
Think I'd try to find out from him if he is going to have special pricing for that day.
Also I would want him to use it for as a demo for that day. 
Who best to fix it if something isn't working as it should.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

nativewolf

When to buy?  Yesterday has come and gone already.  So, the next best time is ...now 8)
Liking Walnut

Peter Drouin

Ross is a good man but, watch him or you'll be coming home with a LT70.  :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Crossroads

If your going to use it for any kind of business purposes, but now and let Uncle Sam pay for part of it in April. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

SawyerTed

I looked and waited for several years waiting on the "best" time to buy a sawmill.  In looking at Wood-mizer over those years, the price is the price and the sale price is the sale price.  There's not a better time than when the machine you want is on sale.  Your dealer may offer other incentives to buy like a box of blades.  It doesn't hurt to ask.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Gagnon Mountain

Okay, well I called Maureen, and I am ordering the mill.  I will be picking it up at deerfield next week if we can get the financing paperwork done in time.

Tony

SawyerTed

Congrats!  Hope the financing goes through and you can be sawing soon!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

samandothers

Congratulations!  Very cool.  I know you are excited.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Gagnon Mountain

Getting ready for the mill!

Magicman

Looking good.

Please fill out your profile so that we will know where you are.  It helps with answering questions, etc.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

charles mann

Even your tractor color matches your mill color. 
Once i get my mill built, wood sold, i plan on buying me an orange rig to match my tractor too. 

Only problem i ran into with buying the mill, i cant pay cash for it with out jumping through paperwork hoops to report where i got 35,000 cash for the mill. 

Good luck and happy milling. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

samandothers

Nice you are getting your lot ready!  Kioti or Kabota?

Gagnon Mountain

Quote from: samandothers on September 23, 2018, 10:56:39 PM
Nice you are getting your lot ready!  Kioti or Kabota?
That would be a Kioti.  I love it.

The hard woods I am waiting for the leaves to fall before I drop them just so I don't have to dal with them.  The pines I am taking down as those are going to be our barn and shed for the sawmill.

samandothers

Nice!  I have the other orange one.  Really are handy with grapple!

Look forward to some barn pictures.

mometal77

Or if the equipment does not match use spray :)paint.... 
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Wayne_Stevens

I'm still evaluating mills. Plan on looking at the fair this week. Leaning towards the Thomas for budget reasons. Looking forward to see how the WM works for you.

samandothers

Other Thomas users here as I recall.

beav

It's good to see you using forks to move the logs around. The difference between clean logs and dirty logs can wipe the smile right off your face. Keep them clean, you will soon find out why

Thank You Sponsors!