iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PNW Travels....Again

Started by Magicman, July 09, 2019, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Magicman on August 08, 2019, 06:46:14 PMWhataboutdafood?? ???
So, did you two eat all of that for lunch or dinner? ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

rubberfish

Great pics and stories. Kind of cool to follow. Thank you  :)
Confucius says "He who stands with hands in pocket is feeling cocky"
Bob

Magicman

Actually most of our "big" meals are eaten in the afternoon and serve as both our noon and evening meal.  It's usually peanut butter and crackers, etc. at night.

It's going to take me a while to work through some of my pictures because I have videos to accompany them.  Here are a few more:

We visited Myra Gold Mine and the attendant gave us an autographed core sample.

I spotted this bicycle front wheel and handlebar sticking out from beneath a fallen rock.  :o

But the only thing recoverable was the rider's boots.  :-X

Superman still has a place to change clothes in Hyder.

I was told that this was a Hoary Marmot.  ??  ???

You can get "Hyderized" in Hyder, but we didn't.

I told PatD that she was getting a bit too close to this bear......  ::)

But she got away by the seat of her britches.   :o

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Banjo picker

You are kidding about the last pict. I hope.  We did have one swat the mirror of the car once in the smokeys but we were in the car.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

Yup, Disclaimer:  The bear was real, the scratches were real, but neither the bear nor lady were injured while taking the picture.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

We are home after driving 7475 miles plus another ~370 miles floating on ferries.  

Our furtherest distance from home was at Salmon Glacier which is ~30 miles North of Hyder AK.

Looking North from the toe.

I wish that I had taken a video, but....

Another view.  That is a lotta ice.  :o

PatD admiring the Fire Weeds with Salmon Glacier in the background.

redbeard

Good too hear you made it home safe n sound, sure was alot of water and roads traveled.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Thanks Guys, I still have pictures/videos to post but right now it's unloading the camper, washing, stowing, and then reloading all of the sawmilling gear. 

Yes, I head out to saw for my 230 mile road trip customer Tuesday sawing dirty logs into beams.  Then ERC, 60 miles away and Red Oak, 50 miles away. 

Work, work, work, and it's Hot, hot, hot!!!  smiley_sun smiley_sweat_drop whiteflag_smiley

hacknchop

Thank you for sharing your trip with us I found it very interesting and I learned some about Glaciers as well.:P 
Often wrong never indoubt

Stephen1

Nice to be back safe and sound after a great Trip. I'm waiting for the ferry ride pictures.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Magicman

I am trying to upload waterfalls and fish pictures to YouTube now.  For some reason there is no audio on the fish pictures?  The waterfalls did fine.

Not too much on the ferry trip because it was overcast.  The pictures are all on the other camera and I haven't looked at them yet.  Hopefully there will be some.  We saw 8 Whales but I didn't get any "tail flipping" pictures. 

Magicman

A Totem Pole in Port Hardy, Vancouver Island.

Myra Falls several miles South of Port Alberni.

IMG 6365 - YouTube

Elk Falls South of Cambell River.

IMG 6353 - YouTube

Chum Salmon spawning in Fish Creek, Hyder, AK.

Videos below but I have no idea why the audio is weak?  It's plenty loud on the camera. ??

IMG 6431 - YouTube

IMG 6423 - YouTube

Banjo picker

Glad you made it home safe and sound.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Ljohnsaw

Interesting.  I'm kind of surprised that there weren't bears in there eating the salmon.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

The salmon run was a bit late and had only begun that week.  One grizzly was coming each day but we missed seeing her by about a half hour the day we arrived and she came about 1½ hours after we left on the second day.  She had not come when we left at 6:30 on the third day, but probably did after we left.  As the numbers of salmon increased, the bear activity should increased.  The Pink Salmon just started to arrive while we were there but had not started their spawning activity.

I only saw two spawned out and dead salmon.

Jeff

The audio works on my computer on all the videos.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Shotgun

Audio works in Frankenmuth. Thanks for your pics and video's.  Neat trip.  Glad you made it home safely. Your picture was used at the Pig Roast.   ;D
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

On the Port Alberni highway there is a fence alongside a rocky creek that has become a favorite place for "Love Locks".  Pad locks and everything imaginable are attached to the fence so Pat & I added ours:   smiley_love

Here is our lock with the fence in the background.

A closeup of the brass tag on the lock.

Had to search to find an empty spot.

It's attached.

Can you see it?

How about now?  It should be easy to spot.  :)

thecfarm

Probably got started with one lock!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!