iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dewalt tools.

Started by petefrom bearswamp, December 15, 2021, 08:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

I do have two side grinders I bought that are Dewalt a small model and a large model .Most of my other corded tools are Milwaukie which includes a 3/4" drill .That unit has oddles of power ,handle with care .
Over the years I've managed to ruin several circular saws by cutting stone ,bricks etc with  dry abrasive blades .For that kind of work I now have two gasoline saws using water cooled blades that are designed for that type work .I got those things on the cheap maybe 8-10 years ago and finally refurbished them summer before last during the lock down .  

Al_Smith

Now comes impact drills of which I have three .One Milwaukie 1/2" that set me back about $200 and two Hilti's I salvaged from work with a scrap pass .
The TE 12 I had to make brushes for and it does fine .The larger one is part TE 72 and part TE 80 which are the same models one is just an older version .They take the larger bits,chisels etc  SDS max if memory serves .It doesn't get used much but it's a concrete drilling maniac .

Corley5

My Milwaukee takes SDS Max bits.  I bought one for driving ground rods.  Two thumbs up on it ;D :) 8)   I need to add some demo bits to my arsenal.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Al_Smith

Although I don't own any I've used large dry core bits drilling holes large enough to run 4" conduit through using a big drill .It's a miserable job though .You can only get about 3 -4 inches then you have to break out the slug and progress forward .Through a foot of concrete might take 2 hours .More if you hit a reinforcing rod .A diamond water cooled core bit will go through steel but a carbide tipped  dry core bit will not .

Thank You Sponsors!