iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

24F this morning with moderate winds, appears to be cloudy.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Don't know if HemlockKing got drowned down there in NS, but parts of Cape Breton got up to 10" of rain in that last blast.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I saw something on the news like that.  :o  Looked flat where ever it was.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

We got some good rain here but not as much as cape breton, snowing out now
A1

SwampDonkey

Sunny and windy here today, but suppose to be snow squalls beginning Friday night on through Saturday, maybe Sunday. ;D

That pole saw came in today. ;D

Old Greenhorn

My least favorite weather condition is freezing rain creating ice storms and damage. Next to that is heavy solid overcast with temps in the mid-low 30's and some drizzle thrown in with high humidity. That's what we have today and yesterday to a lesser extent. Mid 30's, 90% humidity and passing weak rain with solid overcast conditions. I find nothing more depressing than this. >:( It's impossible to feel warm and comfortable while working outside. Even inside, the view out the window is a downer. It puts me in a funk and I can waste an entire day feeding stoves and whittling away time at my desk, occasionally doing something productive, but mostly not.

We may have a tiny bit of snow coming Sunday morning around dawn running through to Monday, but nothing of note. I am not prepping for it. ;D
 I hope the rest of you have more pleasant conditions.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

It hasn't hit here yet, but the air looks real blue like a rain is pending. I see off in the distance moisture falling I believe over toward Route 11 in eastern Maine. I can see the Oakfield hills, but not the windmills, too much humidity. Barely 34 F here I think.

SwampDonkey

Well, the snow arrived here this afternoon. I'd say 1/2" on gravel right now. Getting my snowshoes and poles all ready. ;D

Andries

Could you post a photo of your snowshoes please swampdonkey.
I'd like to see what pattern works for you.
You'll be getting those famous Maritime one meter dumps of snow soon enough won't you? Then your snowshoes will be the ticket!
I did a quick cruise through our log yard with snow tugging at the bottoms of the mud flaps of my half ton. Maybe 20cm of the white stuff.
We had a cold snap (-26*c) a few days ago but we'll be back to normals by the weekend (-5 )
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

These ones.

Traditional Modifed Bearpaw Snowshoes | Canadian Outdoor Equipment Co.

I got the last pair they had I think, says out of stock. :D  But they have longer ones for heavier folks in stock. I tell ya, it's hard to find traditional shoes right now.

Looks snowy for next week, but not much depth.

thecfarm

Well it's white out there. Just enough to say that too at 32°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

30F here this morning with 2" of white stuff. A little reprieve right now, might get 8" more later.

Chuck White

Woke up to 20° this morning!

The snow started yesterday around noon, and quit sometime in the night, we ended up with about 4 inches.

EDIT:  Had to change from 2 to 4 after going out and clearing the driveway!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Snowing has picked up here again and DOT have been plowing roads, even ours, which is rare for the first storm, musta been a slow week. :D A storm from the NW to, the coldest driest corner to come from. Although it is not 'winter cold' in this one. Going to be snowing off and on for a week up here. ;D

HemlockKing

Been preparing for the winter just cleared a bigger spot to plow snow should make for lots of space to pile up the snow, after we get a few consecutive storms the piles can get rather large. Hardly had any freezing temps yet, flurries couple days ago, raining today but temps are going around freezing. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Temperature has been dropping here with that north wind, 26F now. It's not snowing hard at all, but adds up after awhile. :) But saying that, when it snows here it is usually in the 20's. But when clearing after with that wind it can drop 30 degrees in a real winter. Like 4 feet of snow Christmas eve, wind and -30F before windchill. ;D

Give me air temps and not dramatize the cold with windchill numbers. Seems to be the way of it the last 15 years to make it sound colder than it is. Sure it's 'extra' cold in the middle of a potato field with the wind whipping at ya, not 100 meters in from an edge with 1000 fir to the acre 50 feet tall. What wind?? :D

Old Greenhorn

Well, it wasn't even hard to tell in the pre-dawn darkness that everything is white here this morning. It's still snowing lightly now and should go on for a few more hours, but nothing much to speak of. Temp is 27° and the high is projected at the mid 30's for the day.
 I guess there is no denying it now, winter is coming.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

STILL 32° here this am.  It has been in the mid 60s daytime so great winter prep weather in a T-shirt.  Went to the Wichita Zoo last night, as they lit up displays.  kind of fun.  it had kind of an animal/Chinese theme.  wore an unzipped jacket.

thought I would bring a little color.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

Looks like a good time Doc.  Was it called Chihuly?  The botanical garden in St Louis has done something like that and I think that's what it was called.  

We've been in the camper the last 4 nights.  First night it was nice and warm in there with the low only getting to about 40.  The second night though it got down to 20.  The water hose going to the camper froze.  Couldn't flush the toilet in the middle of the night.  Last 2 nights were warmer though.  Still, when I get home today it will be time to winterize.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

we did not get the tickets and I was told we were going to see lights at the zoo.  ??? where were you camping?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Well, we've got a start on winter here. 20F this morning and around 3" of snow on the ground. Took the snow scoop to clean the driveway. Nice dry snow to.

View over the main porch toward the SW.

Looks like a wonderful light/color display down there Doc.

HemlockKing

Had I that much view I'd probably have a bunch of fun with binoculars and wildlife observing 
A1

SwampDonkey

There are a set of binoculars on each floor. :D :D And a camera with 28x zoom plus digital zoom. :D

firefighter ontheside

@doc henderson we were in Branson for 4 nights.  Got home about 2 hours ago and unpacked the camper for the winter and then winterized the camper.  We also took the 5th wheel out of the truck.  That thing is heavy, but Liam is able to help a lot.  Its nice to have a boy whos getting to be pretty strong.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

SwampDonkey

18F this morning. fire_smiley Every morning the last 3 days a little colder. That'll firm up the driveway for the next dump. :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!