iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to buy sawmill blades in Canada

Started by Nikolaysi, June 23, 2021, 07:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolaysi

The cost of blades sold by Woodmizer or Woodland Mills is exorbitant. There are some US retailers that sell them for less, but they either don't ship to Canada or the shipping cost makes them even more expensive. Has anybody found a source of reasonably priced bandsaw blades in Canada? 

Gere Flewelling

I believe Cook Saw Manufacturing (at the left of screen) has the ability to ship to Canada.  I use their Super Sharp blades and have good success with them.  You may find they are similar in price to others but in my opinion, they are worth the price.  They are also great to deal with.  Good Luck!
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

Stephen1

Let us know what you find.
I buy my blades from Wood Mizer as they fit the contour of my CBN grinding wheel.
I also buy from WM as I am a BIG believer in  supporting  a company that gives me such great service. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Andries

Nikolaysi,  when you say 'Canada', and you're asking for advice for a supplier, well that's a target that's more than 7,000 km. wide.
I've got a supplier for 4° blades near where I live, where are you?
BTW: as Stephen says, support for WM and all the Forum advertisers is big around here. My go-to seven boxes of 7° blades are Doublehard by WM. 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

RAYAR

I ordered from Kasco in Montreal, minimum order of 15. Really like these blades (SharpTech WoodMaxx 7 degree)
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

Nikolaysi

Thanks for everyone's input. Cooks ships to Canada for a whopping $76.  And I have requested a quote from Kasco. 

Stephen1

If you fill out your profile it helps us know your location, which helps us share information. I have a supplier in Ontario for Kasco blades. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Nikolaysi

Forgot to mention, I live in PEI. Or is it on PEI? It's an island, so it must be on. But it's also a province, so it must be in. 

Thank You Sponsors!