iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fawn

Started by TroyC, June 29, 2022, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroyC

1st fawn at feeder this year, kinda late. There are two more that we've seen, maybe they will come soon. 

u

Don P

The last few weeks its been hard not to trip on them all, they are up and going everywhere...  and the new crop of rabbits. There is constantly stuff moving in my peripheral right now. Good pic!

beenthere

Yes to fawns everywhere this year. Fun to watch them on the trail cameras. How they mimic momma on trying to eat what she eats. Not legal in WI to feed deer so they are on their own to find food (and have plenty of it in the bush). 

This one cavorting around was worth a save. 
Fawn cavorting
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV Sawmiller

I had a doe and fawn walk out within 20 yards of me this morning as I was easing along the bank of the lake catching small bream for bait. Both looked very healthy. They are just now getting to the age and size they will follow their moms around instead of just laying hidden.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TroyC

beenthere, cool video. Nice to see a little one jumping all around having fun!

WV Sawmiller

When my wife got up this morning she looked out the window and saw a spotted fawn standing by the back gate. When I went to look it was not there so I was wondering if it bedded down in the tall grass and weeds along the fence line so I walked out to check. When I got to the gate and looked I saw it standing about 40-50 yards away. I stood still as it had it's ears up. It even stomped it's front foot like an old doe who has busted a bow hunter. I stood there and it walked up to within about 10 yards of me before it finally trotted off towards my old concrete milking barn we always refer to as the goat barn. My wife was watching from the upstairs bathroom window.

About 20-30 minutes later we looked up the hill and spotted a doe by the water trough and the horse was 15-20 yards from her. I spotted her fawn right behind her then a second doe walked out by the gate closer to the house. They all walked to the other side of the cross fence then a second fawn came out of the weeds and went over to investigate the horse as if to say "Are you my daddy?" All the deer fed and played around for another 10-15 minutes then moseyed on out of sight up the hill.

The fawns are about 2 months old around here and are just now getting big enough to follow their moms around instead of staying in the nursery where the does park them.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

KEC

Today, my wife and I were driving home and it was very hot out. We crossed a bridge over a creek and a doe and fawn were literally cooling their heels in the creek; nice to see. Sure beats watching the "news" on TV.

thecfarm

Grandson has a game camera down below the field. One of those new one that sends the pictures to your phone. He got the Momma and 2 fawns on it the other night.
Dog was just a barking last night, yep Momma and her kids heading for the camera. Brenda texted him to let him know, he gets a ding every time there is a picture anyways. He text back, yep, got 'em.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Been a small doe with a fawn up near the woodlot. Lots of stuff to eat this time of year. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV Sawmiller

This little guy is about 35 yards away from my house under a willow tree between my back yard and pasture fences. It is real wet in there and the grass needs weateating. I think the heavy shade helps keep the flies at bay.

I was on the porch on my cell phone talking to a customer and saw it in the same spot a few minutes earlier. It had crawled under the fence and gone to the woodline several hundred yards away but came right back. It is very curious and I suspect it is the one I saw 2-3 days ago that walked up to within 10 yards of me. This time she was watching the house trying to figure out what it was.

I went to town and on the way back I saw a pair that would have made a great picture about 3.5 miles from my house. 
Howard Green

Hilltop366

He's casing the place, check your alfalfa I bet there is some missing!  ;D

WV Sawmiller

I looked out the window about 4:30 pm and saw it come bounding across the open area in the pasture from one treeline to another. I think it was just enjoying learning how fast it can run and how far it can jump as I did not see the horse or anything else out there that should have spooked it.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!