iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Food grade gear oil for tomato press

Started by SwampDonkey, July 22, 2022, 12:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I was wondering if anyone has applied gear oil to a tomato press. It has to be food grade and appears to be high viscosity, I just don't know the ISO# for the viscosity. The brand I have here is a Vevor. I do have an email out to the maker, so maybe I'll know in a  couple days. I know it takes 20 ml.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

rusticretreater

Reber Oil Lubricant Reducer Engine Tomato Press or Meat Grinder

https://us.consiglioskitchenware.com/products/reber-gear-oil-lube-sold-out

Its also available on ebay. A tad expensive.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

SwampDonkey

Thanks. Just ordered the Superlube brand instead. It is pricey, anyplace I look for food grade gear oil. The bottle will probably last 30 years, the machine uses 20 ml's. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

I've got a grease gun with a tube of food grade grease that is only used for the filter press pump bearings in the sugar house.  At a couple pumps a season it'll last me years too  :) :)  It's Mystic brand grease.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

kantuckid

Our tomato processor uses "elbow grease" :D
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

SwampDonkey

I had to go back to the original link by rusticretreater, the alternative sent an email indicating 2 months wait time from their supplier. I know it seems to be scarce online. The maker's website says out of stock of a lot of the gear oils. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!