iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

animal friends, different species, same color.

Started by doc henderson, March 15, 2023, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

We have Libby a long haired German Shephard.  We have stormy a long haired dark kitty.  they are friends.  not sure if Libby thinks she is a cat, or stormy thinks she is a dog.  Our Shih Tzu dog was friends with  my daughters blue point Siamese.  same colors.  sleep together and rub and clean all over each other.  

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

moodnacreek

I have always noticed animals of the same color are more likely to accept each other. 

firefighter ontheside

Strange how some dogs seem to hate cats as part of their dna and others have no issue.  Maybe it's also what they grow up with.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

and they can be trained.  Libby will chase a strange cat out of the yard.  She just likes her cat.  My lab Norman was trained to leave cats and ducks and chickens alone.  she might chase, but veered off knowing she would be in trouble if she got one.  My Dad's dog Hershey was not trained, but he learned fast at our house, with cats.  I never grew up with cats but my wife liked them, so we have always had one.  My dad claimed to hate cats, but when our cat climbed on his lap, he scratched and played with it.  what else are you gonna do.  My wife and daughters kitty.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

barbender

It's kinda fun watching dog/cat interactions. Maybe because we can learn about ourselves a bit in the process😁

We have 5 dogs and 5 cats as well, so there is ample opportunity for observation. Our one dog, Scout, is a heeler/aussie cross. If a cat hisses or fights back when he approaches, he wants to kill it. One of our Tomcats, Midnight, is about as laid back as they come. When he sees the dogs coming he just crouches down, they come up and sniff him, and being bored with the lack of reaction, move on. 

Contrast that with the stray Tomcat Shiloh, who is a real scrapper. Scout growled at him, the cat slapped him around good and he HATES that cat now! You cannot say that cat's name, or Scout will go absolutely ballistic. He will even pick it out of conversation, like if you are discussing the historical "Battle of Shiloh" he heard that word and he is jumping in the windows trying to find that cat😂 

Too many irons in the fire

SwampDonkey

All I remember is when the can opener was running, the cat would appear. Then when the cat's dish got filled, and the cat was eating away, the dog stood over it and drooled the whole time. Then licked off the drool when the cat finished eating. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nebraska

I have seen many pets mourn their partner in crimes demise. I have seen them perk up with a new addition usually,  (and sometimes not).  My wife's "Corgi"  idiolizes our cat  and just doesn't understand why she doesn't  play the same way he wants to.  She will bat his nose with her paw a few times to put him in his place, never seems to put the claws out,  and he gets the point and goes on.  He also is a Corgi and they have ADD ::) so he repeats the process fairly regularly.     

doc henderson

feel free to any pics you all may have.   kinda cute.

WV Sawmiller

Doc,

Your post here reminds me of many years ago when we got a pet fawn from a friend. The mother had been killed by a car. Spot was about the size of a cat and we had goats so we'd milk the goats and give Spot the milk in a bottle. She would get milk froth all over her face when she ate so fast. We had a big orange male cat named Morris who was about her size when we first got her. Morris would go lick the milk off of Spot's face and help clean her up so they grew up to be good friends.

I remember when Spot was about 30-40 lbs we'd see her out in the pasture doing her Bambi thing smelling the flowers and nipping off pieces of weeds to taste them. I remember seeing Morris strolling by and suddenly he saw Spot then he went into stealth mode. He shrunk down with his belly to the ground and slowly and carefully padded closer and closer. Spot could see him out of the corner of her eye but she acted like she did not see him and kept doing her thing. It was like watching a leopard stalking an Impala or a lion stalking a Wildebeest. Finally Morris got close enough for his attack and sprang high into the air with his paws outspread but no claws showing. Spot wheeled and kicked a hoof past his left ear then they chased each other around the pasture for a minute or so in hot pursuit and finally both stopped, sniffed noses and went on about their business.

It was so much fun watching them doing things like that.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!