iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Get Well card

Started by DanG, March 16, 2023, 11:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I got a very nice card from The C-farm. He even offered to come down and eat some grits with me! I hope he makes it. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jim_Rogers

Get well soon.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

barbender

DanG, I heard that you were driving fast and taking chances, and it caught up with you😊 I hope you're healing up well!
Too many irons in the fire

Dan_Shade

Hope that you're on the mend, Dan! 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

red

Very Good to hear from you 

Hope all is well 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WV Sawmiller

I just checked the distance from Renz Ga to Chatahoochee to see if when we dismiss the workshop next month at Jakes place if we should all just come see you there but it is far enough we probably can't get but half the attendees to come. That is still a lot of grits (Yellow grits BTW are better :D).

Take care and get well soon. 

Every time I see the Chatahoochee name I remember running out of gas there at 4:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving morning 1984 on the way home from Parris Island SC to Escambia County Fla for my grandfather's funeral. BTW - there is not a lot open in Chatahoochee at 4:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving mornings. I got a ride to Sneads to the first open gas station and the guy took me back and followed to make sure I made it with my wife and 2 small kids in the truck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Good to see you posting!!!!
Anything to make you feel better. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We are all rooting for you Dan.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

DanG, I hope you are recuperating well.  
Caveman

kelLOGg

Good to see you still posting. 
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Cedarman

Good to see your fingers are being put to good use.  Glad to see you on the forum.  Keep mending.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

scsmith42

Dan, it's great to see you posting again!  Here's wishing for a speedy recovery!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

JD Guy

DanG I have not met you but wishing you the best for your recovery!

KEC

Wishing you all the best. KEC

Ron Scott

Dang, hope that you are getting well and out and about soon!
~Ron

SwampDonkey

Hi Dan, never knew you ever had any troubles. Tough as nails. Hope you're doing better these days. At least you're snow and ice free down there. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

I'm proud as punch that I HAVE broken grits with you. You're a memorable cuss and I love you. 

Say when

Don P

Is broken grits a meal?
Glad to see your ornery self is on the mend  :).
I'm becoming a fan of the tommy lift on the back of da box truck.

caveman

I fixed grits plenty of times, but I don't think I've ever broken them.  The first time my wife prepared grits to go with some fried fish, she did not break them but, DanG, they weren't good.  She got the ratio of ground corn 1: to water 4 off and they were more like eating sand than anything resembling food.  
Caveman

GAB

Quote from: caveman on March 20, 2023, 03:19:43 PM
I fixed grits plenty of times, but I don't think I've ever broken them.  The first time my wife prepared grits to go with some fried fish, she did not break them but, DanG, they weren't good.  She got the ratio of ground corn 1: to water 4 off and they were more like eating sand than anything resembling food.  
I hope you were a good spouse and helped her get rid of the evidence.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Hilltop366

Cheers from sunny Nova Scotia! (well it is sunny now anyway) Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: caveman on March 20, 2023, 03:19:43 PM......... they were more like eating sand than anything resembling food.  
I thought that's how they were supposed to taste! :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

Kinda like breaking bread with someone.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Although, using proper grits etiquette they should be consumed with biscuits and not bread or toast but living in the glaciated north you wouldn't be expected to know that. Bless your heart. 
Say when

beenthere

grits and etiquette together is a good definition of an oxymoron  ;D :D :D :D

But I have always liked a helping of grits.  I grew up just south of the MN IA border.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Only can remember one movie scene over the years where grits were involved, in the movie 'My Cousin Vinny'.

In my opinion, the best actor was the old judge, Fred Gwynne.  :D

Then there is Flow at Mel's Diner on the sitcom 'Alice'. ;)

Take care DanG.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!