iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road Trip To IL

Started by ARKANSAWYER, May 01, 2006, 09:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

I left here Friday afternoon so I could go to an Auction at Beckenmere Il to try to buy a Knuckle Boom Loader for my new log yard.  They are the best for unloading and sorting logs.   Rained all the way out there and the Auction was pretty good Saturday other then I did not have enough coin to by the KB loader.
  Since I was only 150 miles from Kirk's place I thought I would run over there for a visit.   Kirk was at some fireman show in Indy and not at home.  So I pulled in the ditch out front of his house and loaded up me some osage logs.   There were some right by the road.   Them logrite cant hooks grabed them wet logs with no problem.   Not sure if Kirk will miss them or not as he has quite a pile of them.

Here is some logs and toys I bought at the Auction.

Here are the back row of logs that are now safely in Arkansas.

It was a nice trip but diesel was a bit high.
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Looks like you got the fixin's for a log deck there.

Mary and I were also planning to go to an auction on Saturday but in Centralia, MO.  We went up Friday afternoon to scout it out.  What a bunch of junk!  Looks like a mill had burned down and they drug everthing out into the weeds and put up a new mill and the wore it out.  Lots of twisted metel.

It stormed all night.  We got up Saturday morning and it was still raining so we decided it'd be better just to stay home.

Glad you made it back OK.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

MemphisLogger

Best watch out, Arky.

I think timber theft is still a hangin' offense up in IL and you know Kirk has a penchant for vigilantism  :-X

Whatcha gonna make outta the hedge anyhow?
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

IL Bull

Them were probably Kevjay's logs Arky. ;D  That's why you didn't here no gun shots. :o
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

ARKANSAWYER

You just can not leave good logs alaying around.  Kirk got no dog (I had LBJ so that would not have mattered) and the geesees were in the pen. (you do have to watch them little darlings)  Why would Kevjay have logs alaying in IL when he is in TX?

Alot of the stuff went cheap at the sale.   There was a 4 strand 20 ft log deck went for $225 and it was a working.   I did get a drag chain and drive, 2 five foot power rollers and 4 ten foot  skate roller tables.   Total cost was $73.
ARKANSAWYER

Larry

KB been sitting along the side of 71 Hwy near Joplin with a for sale sign on it.  Been there for bout 6 months now.  Want me to check it out for ya?

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

scsmith42

Arky - sounds like the trip was very worthwhile. Congrats on  your new goodies!.  Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

IL Bull

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on May 02, 2006, 06:36:34 PM
     Why would Kevjay have logs alaying in IL when he is in TX?

Kevjay came to Illinois to get in on the "free trees" deal.  Just didn't move them back to Texas yet
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

beenthere

Those logs are halfway home now. Kevjay doesn't have so far to haul them now.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Arky probably isn't worried, I understand you cannot find his place even with directions.  ;D

But then again, I see he has a new place on a main highway.

But still a guy from Illinois searching around in Arkansas??   ::)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

ARKANSAWYER

Kirks been to my house and from what I hear about Kevjay is he is a small feller with a BIG saw so either one of them could show up on my door step.  ::)  In the next county over there are more people from IL live there then from Arkansas.  ???
ARKANSAWYER

Buzz-sawyer

Illinoisians in Arkyville...sound l;ike some confused folks ::) ::) 8) 8) ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Skytramp

Arkey, You may pay a dear price by the time you get that hedge sawed, especially if it is dry.
Sky
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Cedarman

I think Arky saves those rattlesnake fangs as inserts for tough jobs.  I hear they are real sharp.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!