iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Forestry Forum - an extended family

Started by HSV, September 04, 2007, 01:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSV

Hey everyone! 

I have returned safe and sound from a working holiday in the USA and I want to say THANKS! 

What an extended family the Forestry Forum has become.  Last year, I met some awesome people who are often in my thoughts, and this year was no different.

Thank you very much to Brad_S who donated some great logs for our use at the Empire Farm Days show, I hope the lumber comes to good use in the near future  :)

Thanks heaps to moosehunter who we met at Empire and who offered us to store our work stuff at his shop in Ithica while we did a little sightseeing between shows, it was great to meet you, and to meet your wife at the Woodsmans show too  ;D

To my new friend maple flats, thank you beyond measure for your help at the Woodsmans show.  You bought your mill and your Grandson, and worked hard alongside us to showcase our mills and educate the public on their operation, what a great teacher  :)

To my great friends Part_Timer and Katie-did and their awesome kids, thank you so much for driving all the way up to Cleveland to meet up with us and hang out, we had a great time with y'all  8)

Hi and thanks to everyone else from the FF that I met and re-met on this year's trip and to everyone who stopped by our site.  Also, I'd like to extend a thanks to the guys (and gal) from Hud-son if they're reading this, who were really hospitable when we were in their home state.  They were great to us at the shows, and even let us visit them in their hometown  :) 

Thanks also to Jeff for working hard to make the FF what it is.  It is amazing that for someone like me, so many thousands of miles away from home, can be made to feel cared for when I visit your country, by a bunch of people I've only ever typed to.

Oh, one last person.  Thank you very v.e.r.y much to DanG who I didn't see this time round, but met last year in Moultrie, and I heard tell that he thinks I'm 'a nice enough person, but I look like I fell in a bucket of fishing tackles!'  :o  I will try hard to make it to next year's Pig Roast so that me and my eyebrow piercing don't miss out on the great conversation again!  :D  ;D :D

Cheers everyone, to good times and great mates  :)

breederman

It was good meeting you at EFD.  It is always good to be prepared, one never knows when the chance to go fising will pop up! ;)
Together we got this !

DanG

HSV, I'm still relishing the great time we had at Moultrie last year. 8) 8)  I take it you won't be there with us this time?  Rats!  I'll have to find someone else to pick on.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sjh

You're very welcome.
I hope that you will make it back here for next years shows.
Scott

Brad_S.

It was my pleasure to provide the logs. I got to meet Layla, I wish I had had the chance to meet you as well.
That lumber is drying and will make great bead board waincoating.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Part_Timer

Glad you mad it home safe and sound.  We had a great time at the tractor pull.  We'll never forget the look on Roberts face when that tractor blew fire 15' out of the stack.  Just priceless.  I guess they don't have fire breathing tractors in NZ. :)

Next time Layla is here someone buy her a root beer. She loves them. ;) NOT.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

moosehunter

Layla,
I enjoyed meeting you and Robert. Maybe next year we can find time to sit down and chat awhile.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

johncinquo

yep sometimes its like a great big family around here, just a lot more "weird uncles" than most have.   :D
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

HSV

Hey everyone,
Thanks for your replies  ;D

Nah, DanG, I won't be at Moultrie this year but I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding someone else to beat up on.  :D  ;D

Thanks Part_Timer, yep, was absolutely awesome.  It was definitely the highlight of Roberts trip, I'm sure that everytime he looks at his tractors now, he pictures them with turbines and flames!  HAH, rootbeer...  I'll drink that stuff when you and the kids eat a tub of Marmite!  (a toast spread from here that Part_Timer and his family HATE  digin1)

Weird Uncles  :D :D   Thanks johncinquo, just the term I was lookin for.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!