iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Travels with Captain

Started by Captain, January 25, 2008, 07:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

I've made it my New Year's resolution to meet with as many Forumites that I can during my travels around New England for work.

I've met with 2 this month...

A week ago i met with Bull at our favorite Diner in Sterling, MA for some dessert and coffee.  We caught up on our common issues of business, marketing strategies, farm bureau relations, community relations, and shared Fire Department "war stories".  Thanks Mike, looking forward to the next trip!!

Today I met with Woodmills in Nashua NH for lunch and got a great tour of his property, his terrific home and just part of his wood operation.  Looking forward to a visit on a warmer occasion to see more of the orchard and the woodlot.  We had a great time, and time passed quickly.  Regretably, I had to return to work but you can be certain on my next trip through we'll do it again.  Thanks James !

So who's next on the list??  I'm not sure yet, but don't be suprised if Captain comes calling....

scsmith42

Craig - are you still up to be passing through here in March?

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

sawguy21

Is a trip to the Wet Coast on the agenda?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Captain

Scott, I may not be passing thru but staying a few days to work instead  :)  We'll talk soon.

Captain

Captain

How about a Valentine's Day visit at LogRite?   Had a nice visit with Weldrite, Neslrite and Tamiam.  Maybe Kevin will give us some pictures of his new stake body frame for the Logrite utility truck, REALLY nice job guys!!  I'll have to make a better plan for lunch next time.

Captain

Captain

A busy week this week!!  Spent the afternoon with FF Member Craig (Craig Martin) of Foxborough, MA.  He came here to see the "operation" and have the 5 minute tour.  We then went to our local drinking establishment for a lunch of hot wings (nope, no adult beverages) with Mrs Captain.  We finished the afternoon going to look at a potential lot clearing job south of town. 

I had a great afternoon and a great visit.  Let's hope the bid gets approved Craig.  I better get the equipment ready this weekend just in case... smiley_hardhat

Captain

Dave Shepard

Let me know if you are going to be out in the exit 1-2 area, we are only minutes from #1. Can show you our setup. That little hardhat smiley reminds me of Legos. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Captain

You're on the short list, Dave.  PM me your phone number, you never know when I'm travelling the Pike.

Captain

Burlkraft

Beenthere and I will be on call if ya ever git to Wisconsin   ;D  ;D  ;D

We ain't had an out of state'r at the Rox fer quite some time   ;)  :D   :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Captain

Bit late in resuming travels, but I am in St Louis on some business and managed to spend some time with Kevin H last night in his hometown of Tilden, IL.  We met at his firehouse where he and his fellow members were doing the enviable task of outfitting a new piece of apparatus.  A tour of thier facility and the rest of their apparatus followed.  Then down the road a piece for a tour of his sawmill and stake manufacturing operation.  Kevin has found himself one heck of a nice market niche locally and seems to have a great business philosophy.  We talked plans and dreams, jobs and hard times (we share the Paramedic and Firefighter professions as well).  A throughly enjoyable visit cut short by the fact that I had to drive 70 miles back to St Louis for the night.

Thanks Kevin for the hospitality and the hat.  Look forward to another visit in August at the Piggy Roast.

Captain

beenthere

Some trip. So you thought you were visiting Kevin_H in Ohio?   ::) ::) ::)

:D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Captain

That was some trip.  Guess I took the long way.

Thank You Sponsors!