iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who's homemade mill?

Started by Woodchuck53, May 25, 2008, 03:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodchuck53

Yesterday when I opened the forum the pictures of the great looking home built mill at around 10 pm. Who's was that and is there a set of plans to be bought? My next project is going to be a band mill and that has got to be the best I have ever seen. Being a welder and machine designer I can app. the work that it took. Holler at me. CV
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Fla._Deadheader

Gotta be more specific. There are several homebuilts here. Got a color, type ???  Was it a 2 post, a 4 post, a WoodMizer type ???  Was it red, blue, green ???  Was it a Band mill or a Swinger ???

Pics on the front page are random. No one knows what pics will be shown.  If you put your cursor on a pic, it will show the pic info ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bibbyman

Are you saying you seen it in the Random Files or Last Addition photos?

If so you could have clicked on the picture and brought it up.  Lower down on the page would show you who's album it was in, etc.  And there is a "Find" feature that would search to Forum for where it was used.   Won't help now.  But maybe next time.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

If it was entering the forum, then it was a random photo. Like FDH says, you gotta be more specific. There are hundreds and hundreds of photos of homemade mills on the Forestry Forum.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

limbrat

Hello chuck
That cypress mill in Bently has a home made electric band mill that he uses to quarter larger logs so that he can get them on his wm.
I dont know much about it i just saw it in passing.
ben

Woodchuck53

Evening all,  yep I'm still learning. Anyway great pictures as he built it and finished machinery gray. Single axle of course  2"x 6" rect. tubing track with a nice detail on the hubs he mounted for the wheels that carry the band. My loss. CV
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!