iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Cracks in E-Classic

Started by spacedog, February 28, 2010, 12:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacedog

I had thought that after two seasons I had learned how to operate and de-bug all my e-classic issues.  For the last month I have been extremely pleased with the operation of my e-classic.  Everything seemed to be dialed in.  Then of course today a new development.  A vertical crack appeared on the rear wall of the firebox.  It's near the rear air inlets (left side)but did not originate in the factory air hole.  I have the dual fuel model and the crack appeared about midway between the upper burner and factory drilled air hole and seems to run from the bottom to the top of the air box.  It is only affecting the air supply at this time.  The water jacket is still intact.  Of course its Sunday so no dealer to call till tomorrow.  I am looking to see if anyone else has had this particular problem.  I am no welder but it looks like a fairly simple repair, thats what I'm going to keep telling myself until proven wrong.  Time will tell and I'll post an update and photos later.

vintage_farms

Got any pics to show of this new developed E-classic 2300 issue?   ???

- Thx, Brad

spacedog

Update on the cracks.  Today I went to take a picture of it and had a hard time finding the crack. It covered over with creosote.  Makes me wonder if the crack had been there a while hiding.  It couldn't hide from the wire brush for long.   I guess all e-classic owners had better be diligent on regular inspections.  I tried to post the pictures but I can't get the Java Uploader to work.  I'll gladly email them to anyone upon request.  Maybe you will have better luck getting them posted then I do.

leeallen5

please email them to me
allen4690@roadrunner.com

spacedog

LeeAllen,

Tried to send you the pics twice.  Came back to me undeliverable both times.

spacedog

Update on new cracks.  Today I stopped by my Classic dealer in Ashford Ct.  They're really a good dealer, help me whenever I need it.  Anyway while I was there I poked through a brand new E-Classic 2300.  Lots of changes even in the last year.  The one that really caught my eye were two vertical cuts in the air box one almost exactly where my crack was and the other symetrical on the right side of the air box.  When I asked I was told that these are for expansion and contraction.  I wonder what gave Classic the idea to do that?  So I guess this means my title "New Cracks in E-Classic" wasn't really appropriate.  I am still waiting for a response from the factory rep as to what's going to be done with my "New" crack.  I wouldn't mind keeping my new expansion joint if Classic sends someone out to clean it up and make it look like its supposed to be there.   Maybe add one to the other side too.  I'll update when I get a response.

Thank You Sponsors!