iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-classic cords burned

Started by spankyreal, January 14, 2010, 11:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terra8186

I own a central boiler 6048.  I have burned around 8-10 cords this year of cottonwood (128 ft3 is a cord).  I started on October 1.  The best thing about the 6048 is I burn chuncks of wood unsplit.  The logs are 2 foot diameter cut in sizes that I can pick-up.   I also haven't cleaned or removed any ash from the stove yet this burning season. 

Last year and the previous year I was burning 30 cords a year.  I was heating a 40x60 pole barn and a 30x30 shop plus my house.  I turned those on only when the temperature's went below 15 just so the lines wouldn't freeze. 

doctorb

Thought I would rekindle this thread now that the end of the heating season begins to creep northward.

This was my first year with the E2300.  I started December 10th and burned until yesterday.  I burned a total of 10 cords (full 4X4X8 / all hardwood) heating a 4500 sq. ft house with 2 separate basements and 2 separate oil furnaces/HW systems.  I thus require two complete heat and hot water exchangers in my one house.  Inefficient, you bet!  You should have seen my oil bill in previous years.  No oil used this year.

At the beginning of the season I burned split wood intended for a standard wood stove or fireplace.  Later in the year, the wood diameter got larger, and I think that I burned less wood mixing the large diameter logs with some smaller ones.  It was one of the coldest winters we've seen in these parts for quite a while.

I am not dissapointed with the wood consumption.  Based on these figures, I am going to put up 12 - 14 cords for next winter over the next couple of months so I can begin heating in November and continue well into April.  Experience of others?

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

gyro jr

This is my 2nd heating season with the e-classic. I am heating 4800sf with radiant heat in central NJ. I have the dual fuel, but have not had the time to run propane to the unit yet, so let's say it "wood only". I burned an honest 10 cord of mixed HW. Many have posted that they have a better result burning smaller wood, I have better luck with larger rounds, preferably 12-20" and 24" long. Time to start collecting for next year!

muckamuck

I posted earlier but this is an update.  I heat an old 5000 sq ft house in central Massachusetts (formally used 1600 gal of oil a year including domestic hot water).  This winter I started Oct 13 and ended about March 1 and burned 11 full cords of fairly dry maple. I switch over to oil at this time.
Muckamuck

MrMojoinCO

Liveing in central colorado at 10233ft ele. it's still winter.  The 2300 heats just the house at this time.  It's about 2000 sq ft.  The e-classic was new in oct. and since then we have burned 9 full cords of bettle kill lodgepole pine.  The wood was split and dry.   ::)

Thank You Sponsors!