iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lunar Eclipse Dec 20-21

Started by Tom, December 18, 2010, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzybear

We had ice fog and I could only see once in a great while. But at least I got to see some parts of it.
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

clif

I was able to sit in my recliner and watch the eclipse develop, then about half way  through the stars started to break through and my favorite constellation became visible in stages right beneath the moon and it was a awesome show.  Orion has been my favorite since childhood when I was introduced to it a by a scout leader.  The Hunter!!!  When I first came to Alaska I had a small dog team and I trapped with a friend up in the mountains.  The running of the trapline was an over night experience where we stayed in a wall tent with a little barrel stove and a lot of grass and moss for a mattress.  My friend had made some "bridges" ( two logs set side by side) 16- 20 ft long to cross some small ravines, with snow on them they made a passable bridge barely  of course the dogs just flew across them and being on the sled you just followed :D One moon less night my friend yelled back " don't look down just look up at the stars", which I did and there was Orion!  We were above tree line and with the mountains all around he was just brilliant :o and you could see
more of the stars that were in the constellation which I had not seen in many years.  What an experience that was!  Clif
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

Tom

Thanks for sharing that, clif.  Good Post!   It makes me want to go look for Orion.

Warbird

That's awesome, clif.  About half way through the total eclipse portion, we got clouds here in Fairbanks and it was barely viewable anymore.

SwampDonkey

I enjoyed your colorful story telling to. The part about flying over the log bridges because you was attached to the sled reminds me of Yukon Cornelius in one of them Rankin/Bass animations about Christmas. :D Only, he was always licking his pickaxe for gold dust each time he'd pitch it.   :D :D ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!