iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road trip to AR

Started by Ga Mtn Man, March 24, 2012, 08:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

move_it Leaving on three day road trip this morning to AR to pick up "new" mill.  Going to spend a day milling with Larry. smiley_chop  That's a hint as to the make of the mill.  ;D 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WDH

Now you have went and done it  :D.  You are going to need a couple of sheds and a whack of stickers!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

don't keep us in suspense.what did you buy ? but good luck on ur road trip  al
al glenn

Ga Mtn Man

It's a 2010 TK2000 in new condition...only 210 hours on it.  Got a very good deal on it.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

MotorSeven

Woww....you went from looking at all manual mills to the 2000? Man I am jealous, that mill is a beast!
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Larry

The log owner where we will be sawing just called and said the mud is knee deep where my mill is sat up.  I bet it dries by the time ya get here, but just in case you threw in some mud boots right? :D

I'm quite jealous of the deal the GMM got on the best mill going.  Wish I had got such a bargain.  Pays to shop around and be patient.

It's a bright and sunny this morning...its always a beautiful day in Arkansas, :) just some are drier than others.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

bama20a

Yep,I was in AR yesterday(Blytheville) the weather sure was nice.
Now get the mill to making sawdust. 8)
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey Paul, I have a can of ORANGE paint in the shop if you want it.  :D

I'm happy for ya!

David
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Wow Paul, you are a mover and a shaker.  Congratulations on getting the "new" sawmill.  We will be anxious to see it in operation.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

GMM,that is good.  8)  Have fun. I want to some picture too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave VH

awesome!,  I love to see patience win out
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Meadows Miller

Gday

Ga Mountain Man A big congrats on the Timberking I like the look of those TK2000s it will do a top job for you Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

sawmillhand

Congrads on the new mill man always a great day when you get a new mill. 8)
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

ladylake

Sounds like you did real good on the price, even brand new from TK the 2000 is a lot of mill for the money.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

redbeard

Congrats on your Mill, your going to be very pleased having all the hydraulics. Now the work begins handling all the stacks of boards you will have.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

broylescc

Have fun with your mill!! What part of AR are you going to?

Larry

GMM and his dog showed up bout 8:30 this morning.  I gave him a quick tour of our place and showed him some clear 15" wide red oak boards to whet his appetite.  We than went to a sawing job where I have the mill sat up.  Spent the morning going over the mill controls and operation.  After a great lunch we started in sawing.  I sawed the first few logs and let GMM have the controls for the final log.  He did a great job running my mill.  I know its information overload the first time with all the controls plus the setworks.

I could tell he's hooked bad when that first 19" board came off the log.

GMM left late afternoon as the mill he is buying is located in central Arkansas. 

We had a very enjoyable day sawing Arkansas pine.  John, our off bearer was there to lend a helping hand keeping the saw cleared of boards.

I'm sure GMM will fill us in with more details and a few pictures when he gets home in a few days with his new mill.

PS:  No orange paint required ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

Yes, you can tell that GMM has sawdust on his boots, so he is a goner for sure!  Good on you, Larry, for being such a good coach.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

never finished

I'm with you broylescc, it sounds like he came down here to my back yard. By the way I'm up at Mt. View pretty regular visiting my son, dil. , grandson,and soon to be granddaughter. Maybe we should get together and talk over saw milling, and maybe even breakfast at the rainbow cafe.   

samandothers

GMM Congratulations!  I am green!  with envy that is!

Glad you found a great mill from a good teacher.   Larry was he able to grab the pebble, or saw dust,  from the masters hand?  I know he'll have fun.  Look forward to seeing pictures from the mills new home.

Ga Mtn Man

Thanks to Larry for a great day!  I learned A LOT about the mill and how to make good lumber.  He really knows that mill and how to get the most out of it.  Sorry about the dog hair in your truck, Larry.  :-[  Oh, and sorry about slamming your blade guard into the log too.  Now that I've done that once maybe I won't do it to my mill.  ;D

Finally made it home to GA about 2 pm with the new mill...only a day late.  Pulling  a mill 700 miles is not something I would care to do again.   The guy I bought it from was very keen to show me everything he knew about the mill (good and bad) and what it could do.  I was beginning to think he wasn't going to let me take it.  We sawed up a nice red cedar log for old times sake.  It was definitely a day of mixed emotions for him.  Showed up at his house at 8 am and didn't hit the road till almost 1:30 pm so only made it to south of Nashville, TN before calling it a day. 

I'm very pleased with the condition of the mill.  If not for the blade marks on the first log stop it could almost pass for new.

Larry schooling me on how to open up a log.

My mill finally home in GA. 8) 8)

Bug-covered TK2000

Me checking out Larry's wireless remote controlled throttle...pretty slick!

The  guy I bought the mill from made these rubber booties to protect the stainless bunks from the loader arms.  This guy really cared for his mill!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Paul, I'm glad you got a mill. I must say it looks good in your yard. Bet you're glad the hunt is over and now you can start sawing.  8)

If ya don't have enough logs to saw, that whack of Pine and Poplar you saw is now up to about 150 logs.....so you are welcome to bring 'OL RED and saw all you want to get some practice. :)  I could use the help!

Let me know how far you want to travel, every now and again I turn down mobile jobs between me and you, so I'll give 'em your name.

Again,  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup on your new mill.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

"Ole Red"...I like it.  Makes the mill sound reliable and experienced.  You better just keep your can of orange paint on your side of the border... this is red and black territory. ;D   

Bulldog Sawmill, LLC....hmmm.

Ga Mtn Man

Work is coming between me and my mill.   :(

Thank You Sponsors!