iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

price for logs

Started by John S, September 25, 2012, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

I just started using my LT40HD a few months ago and recently cut a cherry log for a local landscaper.  He texted me this morning to ask if I wanted to sell him some pine logs (sitting for almost two years) and mill them into some 6x12's.  I have milled some of these logs, worm holes in the sapwood but the heartwood is sound, but do not know how much to charge.  They are about 20" by 16 foot.  I live in the northwest corner of NJ.  Thanks for any advice.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

levans

John S
I'm not sure what prices are there but I talked to a logger today who told Me the price for really good pine logs here in TN are in the 250.00 to 300.00 range. White oak for stave logs are holding well and red oak top quality logs are around 450.00 .

levans

levans

John S

As a side note I would price the lumber to him not the logs, I think you may come out better that way.

levans

woodmills1

I get 50 cents a board foot for pine.

I would charge a little less for a large beam out of the center of an old log.

BTW  I grew up in Newton.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!