iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

96 woodmizer need a quick price check This may be moved to forsale soon.

Started by jcbrotz, March 30, 2013, 06:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbrotz

I lost a good friend recently he had a woodmizer lt40 that is soon to be forsale by his widow. I am going to help her get it running this next week and hope to help her sell it, She has one guy interested But he was trying hard to get her down on price. It is a 35 horse Wisconsin and fully hydraulic, I plan on calling woodmizer for her on Monday to help with me with info, but the guy said he was worried about the Wisconsin as woodmizer had no way/kit to replace this motor. I am fairly sure that is wrong and just his way to get her down on price. I believe old Bill left her in a pretty good place as far as knowing what it was worth and I feel she is not far off with the 16000 price but what to check. Any interest in northeast portion of the US? I quess in the end I am looking to help in anyway I can as he has helped me out many times in the past.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Peter Drouin

Make sure you have the vin # with you that way WM will now just what you have, good luck . what your doing is good
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Also have the owners customer number, if possible!

I think that if it's still in decent shape it should well be worth the 16K, I know I have a 1995 Hydraulic LT40 and I wouldn't take 15K now for it and that's what I paid for it back in '08.

I also don't believe that Wood-Mizer would not have an engine replacement for that mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Don't worry about the Wisconsin motor, if it goes out, WM can replace it with a Kolher.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

jcbrotz

I have his owner # and hours for the mill already I and just waiting on woodmizer to open. I know woodmizer would not have a Wisconsin but I do assume they would have a kit to make the kohler fit, I know there is something funky with this mill I just don't remember what he said it was, I believe it was the actual build I think it has some of the newer parts 97 up an some of the older parts 95 down I know 97 was techinically the new model but I think I remember him speaking of this. Oh well I know woodmizer will have the answers I need Monday. So Happy Easter and I will let ya all know how this plays out.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Chuck White

The mill could have been made during the early transition stages that led up to the "97" (new model) mills.

Kind of "in-between"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

scully

I think that price is real close ! And as stated WM can absolutely repower that mill I know because I used a wisconson mill that vintage and it only ran on 3 cyl but it did the job for me WM refurbed it and repowered it ! Call me crazy but I loved that old thing sure was an abused unit but I made some happy memorys with it !
I bleed orange  .

MartyParsons

Hello,
A 1996 LT40HDG35 would be a Super but the Super was the larger engine. In 1997 WM made the real Super and it had the two hydraulic pumps and larger up down motors and forward feed board return, water solenoid and more. So the revision # would tell the exact model. I think there were some prototypes out there with the full super parts. Revision F8- F9.01  There were many changes in 1996. This would be the first year for some bed changes the dual plane clamp and the list goes on and on.
Should be a nice mill. Parts are a little hard to get for the G35 but not impossible. These engines are tough.
And there is a Engine replacement kit available 054995  $ 3295.00 this would be the Kohler 38 hp. It would come with all parts needed to replace the engine, throttle cable, drive belt and more.

Thanks
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

davidlarson

I bought a '95 Wood-Mizer LT-40 in good shape about 4 years ago for $15,000, which I believe was a fair price at the time.  It's not for sale now, but if it were, I'd expect to get no less than I paid for it.  In this forested part of western NC there are more than a few other WM operators.
David L.

Thank You Sponsors!