iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pacific NW Travels

Started by Magicman, July 19, 2014, 08:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We are about six weeks away, but are in the full planning stages for this camping trip.  Our basic route will take us first to visit dablack (Austin, Stacey, & family). 

From there traveling Northwesterly through Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana before entering Alberta, Canada, near Waterton Lakes NP. 

We will tour Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper before exiting the National Park.  From there we plan to travel through Revelstoke NP before heading South. 

We will enter Washington, and generally follow the Columbia River South and West through the Columbia River Gorge.  Then through the Cascade Range, Eugene, Or., and make a return trip to the Redwood National Park.  We would be too close not to.

Our trip home will probably take us on familiar highways through Lake Tahoe and Santa Fe.

At times, we will be very close to several FF members, so maybe we can make some quick visits.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

slider

Be safe Lynn sound's like a great trip.
al glenn

snowstorm

i have been through part of that country. in revelstoke there is a logging museum not real big but interesting. also a  railroad museum with a steam engine inside the building. its a pretty big place.   in banff there is a road going up to a ski resort with a great view. it looks over the valley. on the way up we saw 3 bear 35 mt goats and lots of sheep.   when near tahoe if you can go to truckee. the donner party museum is there very interesting. and drive the old road up over donner pass. the going to the sun road in glacier is a wild ride. have fun 

drobertson

Sounds like a great adventure!  Looking forward to the snap shots! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

blackfoot griz

MM-
Let me know when you hit Western Montana!  You have quite the road trip planned out!

sandhills

You folks are definitely gonna see some country!  I know it's a ways off yet but have a great trip!

Gadrock

Lynn,
     You have many friends here that want to share this trip, through daily checkins, if possible. Tell us who you met and where you are. Oh yeah, we love to see those pics.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Bill Gaiche

Sounds like a very interesting  journey. No doubt you will see some amazing country on both sides of the border. We look forward to making that trip with you, for I know that you will take many photos. Hope you have a safe and joyous trip. bg

Magicman

Thanks all, and also for the PM's.  We look forward to making some "stop by" visits.

In the past, we have completely circled this area, so we are looking forward to filling in the blanks.

Our leave home date is tentatively set for Sept 15th, and it looks like a ~5K mile trip.

Griz, our original route would have taken us through Missoula.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Magic, as you know my RV has seen much of the U.S. but not the PNW so I plan to learn from you for a future trip. Have lots of fun, see lots of sites, and make lots of memories.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

terry f

How many miles a day are you planning? Our biggest problem is once we get started, we just want to "get there" and miss a lot along the way.

Magicman

No schedule terry f, and I completely understand the "blow & go" mentality when traveling.  It's a hard nut to crack, but this time it will not matter if it takes two weeks or a month.  I have no idea how much time we will spend on this trip.

terrifictimbersllc

You're probably going to wish you could saw some of the logs you'll see. :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

thecfarm

Have a good and safe trip!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jamesamd

Lynn,just before You reach the Pacific Ocean,on the Columbia river.Be sure to stop and climb,Beacon Rock!

http://www.parks.wa.gov/474/Beacon-Rock

I think it is the 2nd or 3rd largest rock in the world.I was stationed at McChord AFB,for 3 1/2 years in the late 70's.

The Olympic Peninsular is home to 3 rare rain forests,I hope You have a chance to see them.

One weekend We would free climb the waterfalls around Mt.Rainer,next We would hike in Olympic NP.
Link

Have a great time ;)

Jim

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

redbeard

Lynn if your going to see the Olympic Peninsula you will probably be driving through Whidbey Island don't be Bashful give us a call.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

We made the Olympic Peninsular loop when we were there a few years ago.  We will be further East and South this year.

Please keep any suggestions coming because "locals" know stuff that us "tourist" might miss.  Fact is though, you can never see it all.

21incher

Have a safe trip and post lots of pictures. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

hardtailjohn

Magicman, if you get over this way, you could hit Glacier Park, and we'd LOVE to meet you! I'd imagine we might be able to find a couple Clydesdales to hook up and go for a little tour......  We're about 25 miles from Kalispell, about 100 North of Missoula...
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Ljohnsaw

MagicMan,

Depending on how you make your way to Lake Tahoe, you could stop by my place (exit 160 on I-80) where I will hopefully have my foundation done.  I could get you into a nice campground or you could camp on my property.  The old Donner Pass road is a must-see.  Awesome view of Donner Lake from a couple thousand feet up.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

BradMarks

MM: Eugene, OR, home of the "Ducks", my college.  Just across the river from Springfield - my home.  Hopefully by the end of Sept. we have no more fires out west, and you can breathe easy.

Magicman

Quote from: hardtailjohn on July 22, 2014, 11:32:32 AMWe're about 25 miles from Kalispell, about 100 North of Missoula...John 
We are adjusting our route.   :)

hardtailjohn

I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

SwampDonkey

Have a good time you two. Take it all in.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!