iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sept. 3rd

Started by downsouth, August 20, 2014, 09:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downsouth

Well , I listed my LT15 on here for sale, and locally on the web. It sold in 2 days. I actually made a few dollars on it.
    With it sold what am I to do?
  I ordered a new LT35hyd! The "ship date" is sept. 3rd.
   WM has a sale on the mill and a sale on the new debarker, so, I ordered the new mill,debarker,2 extra hyd backstops and a spare tire.
Boy oh boy,can't hardly wait!
   I have a few jobs lined up waiting, the first is finishing up some pine paneling ( maybe 1000 bf) and a BIG sycamore log.
   Sure will be a lot easier with hyd.

mrector

Nice! I've had my lt35 for 3 weeks now and love it!  And... DanG it, I musta missed the sale on them by just a few weeks haha!  Do yourself a favor ane snag an extra inline shut off valve for lube tank, in stall it in line near output side. That way open tank valve and No adjustments needed for flow.
Mikey
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

downsouth

Good idea. I did that on my lt15. It's a lot easier than reaching across.
   I almost ordered it before the sale, but I remembered last year they went on sale. I think I saved about $1700

Magicman

Congrats on the sale and the purchase.   smiley_thumbsup

Where will you pick it up from?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Small Slick

Was your LT 15 mobile?  What kind of accessories did it have? 

I would like to upgrade but I saw only for fun and don't want the expense right now.

John

downsouth

Thanks,we (me and the wife) are excited. I will pick it up at the Mississippi asc. I think I have to call and schedule it with them when it ships.
   My lt15 was not mobile, but it had the power feed. It was a great little mill. I think an lt15 set up correctly with support equip. Can produce lots of quality lumber. But I have been getting requests for mobile sawing.

downsouth

The week of the 3rd or the next week would be perfect. This weekend we have our council spearfishing rodeo, then the following weekend we are going to our deer lease in Illinois to hang stands. So I think everything will work out with perfect timing.
   That big sycamore log is calling my name!

kczbest

Congratulations on your new mill!
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

scully

;D I gotta say them 35's have been a hot seller ! Tons of bang for the buck ! Have fun !
I bleed orange  .

Ribsy

Fantastic! Keep us posted. I am interested to know how well the debarker performs as I have an LT35HD but without one. Good luck.

Great idea on the lube flow idea. Thanks...
Engaged in tree work, tree removal, milling and and processing said product into high quality and well seasoned lumber slabs and firewood.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DownSouth......with hydraulics, you should live to be 100.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

downsouth

Thanks everyone. I'll keep this updated when I pick it up, with plenty of pics (I may need help with the pics)
   "Live to be 100". Yes,I'm sure it will extend my backs life,at least.

YellowHammer

Quote from: downsouth on August 20, 2014, 03:39:34 PM
The week of the 3rd or the next week would be perfect. This weekend we have our council spearfishing rodeo, then the following weekend we are going to our deer lease in Illinois to hang stands. So I think everything will work out with perfect timing.
Better get that stuff out if the way before the mill shows up, because you won't be doing it afterward, you'll be having too much fun generating sawdust.  8). Congratulations. 
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

thecfarm

That will make sawing much easier!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

downsouth

Thanks guys,
   Yes, YH , I will be busy this fall and winter juggling deer hunting and making sawdust. But I think that's a good problem to have.

downsouth

Okay! My mill is on the ground in Mississippi.
  So I called ms. Evelyn and set up a pick up date and time. Saturday, sept,6 at 9 or 10 am
   I have my work truck (04 gmc 2500 4x4 diesel)in the shop getting my A/C fixed and a 7 pin trailer light plug and brake controller installed.
   I'm in Illinois now hanging deer stands. It will be a long week trying to wait for next Saturday.
I can't wait!

Magicman

The wait will be worth it.  8)
Wave when you pass Brookhaven.   smiley_wavy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

downsouth

Went to Beatrice sawmill in ms. Yesterday and got my mill.
   It was my dad,my son, and myself. We had a great day,learning the new mill,went to lunch,and just hung out all day. It is hard to get all 3 of us together for more than an hour.
   This mill is awsome,I'm very impressed! It was a good day!
   I have to say Tim Garrison, and Ms Evelyn at Beatrice sawmill were very nice and knowledgeable and really took as much time as we needed. Very nice folks,I really enjoyed it. Tim took us for a tour of the property, they have a very nice operation.
I would say to Woodmizer that they have a very good asset in Tim and Evelyn,dedicated and hard working, they believe in the product as they use 2 or 3 of them everyday.
   I have some pics I will try to get posted from this phone, but it may be tonight before I can try, as I have somesycamore logs screaming to get cut.
  Thanks everyone, and thanks to Tim  and Evelyn .

Magicman

Congrats on the arrival of your new baby.   smiley_bouncing_pinky

Thank You Sponsors!