iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A fall day in my part of the Upper Peninsula.

Started by Jeff, November 03, 2016, 08:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandsawmill14

beautiful country up there most people down here think is all concrete an subdivisions when you mention MI
good pics and thats some pretty big knots on some them trees ;D ;) :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Beautiful and Winter "timey" looking.  I am still in T shirts.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

It was near 60° here today. Bad for hunting .

newoodguy78

Beautiful pictures. Looks very similar to my area right now. That giant square boulder makes a guy wonder. And how did that spruce? tree manage to swallow a tire? :D
Hopefully the weather cools off for you, good luck hunting.

Logger RK

Nice pictures. Is that a Red Oak your standing next to in the 8th picture? Or a White Pine?  Hard to tell on my I Phone. Either one,it's a Big One

Jeff

Roxie

Breathtaking!  Do you think that bent tree in #11 could be one of those Indian directional trees? 
Say when

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedarman

Yup, some nice relaxing photos.  Hot apple cider and a wiener roast comes to mind.

I bet that cedar has seen a few winters come and go.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

drobertson

The lake view is my favorite, cedarman makes a good point, camp fire on the lake bank!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Just Me

My family used to have 40 acres in the middle of Hiawatha on a lake North of Iron River, had it for about 30 years. Taxes got too much and there is not enough money in construction any more, so we had to sell. I really miss putting around the west end of the UP.

Building a motorhome now hoping to spend more time up there. I live on the edge of the Pigeon River Forest. and its real nice, but there is something about the UP. The history up there is extremely interesting, love all the museums.

On the Michigan thing, ya, most people from other states just picture the Detroit crap. Life doesn't start till you get North of the Zilwaukee bridge.

Roxie

Ron Scott's trail cam pictures in the Outdoor section are enough to make anyone appreciate beautiful Michigan. 
Say when

Magicman

When it is too Hot in Mississippi it is just right in Michigan and when it is too Cold in Michigan.......
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WLC

Beautiful!!!   Thanks for posting them.  Brings back loads of good memories for me.  Before we moved to AK I bird hunted in the U.P every Fall for nearly 10 years running.  We stayed near Crystal Falls.  It was always my favorite time of year.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Ianab

What I find amazing is how different your forests look compared to ours, especially as the leaves drop.

All the native trees here are evergreen, even the hardwoods. And the undergrowth is a rain forest mix of vines and ferns.

Makes things look hugely different.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

David Freed

Beautiful scenery.

Looking at those makes me think about slowing down and enjoying life a little more. Someday  ::)

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

WmFritz

Quote from: Jeff on November 03, 2016, 09:58:03 PM
It was near 60° here today. Bad for hunting .

I checked the ten day earlier... close to the same and only dipping into the 30's at night.  :(
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!