iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cat 518/528 valve

Started by JustinW_NZ, August 09, 2017, 04:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinW_NZ

Hi all

I have a cat 528 skidder which aint going no where since the treadle valve finaly stopped holding any air, so i cant get the brakes off!

Does anyone know if the cat 518 valve is the same?
And even better a replacement part model/name/anything?

The one ive just pulled out i cant find any reference too.

Thanks in advance
Justin

Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

coxy

would one off a big truck work

mike_belben

Any chance its just an O ring?
Praise The Lord

Riwaka

An aftermarket online catalogue shows five different sections for the 518 brake pedal valve assembly (separated by machine serial number.) The 528 shows 2 sections for the brake pedal valve assembly.
The Cat 528 part number  is listed as 3V1458  which cross references to a Haldex KN22150/KN22150X   (truck valve assembly)

Given the terrain the 528 likely operates on; you might ask DC Equipment whether they have done any 'modern' aftermarket skidder  brake upgrades. (Yarders also use air brake valves). If they have found the most reliable brake valve etc and modified the pipe work etc.

This truck part Co stock around 200 types of valve. https://www.ctsltd.co.nz/valves.php, also trt, transpecs etc
This list gives some idea of the number of different cat loader etc treadle valves.
https://avspare.com/spare/caterpillar/treadle/

JustinW_NZ

Thanks for the replys!

And thanks Riwaka-Through those numbers i tracked one down WAY cheaper than I can locally and its on the way...

Cheers!

Justin
Gear I run;

JustinW_NZ

Hi guys

After buying one of the above parts and parking it all in the shed while I was away for the last many months...

I find myself looking at a pile of parts thinking oh dear...

Anyone have a photo of the part install into one of the cat skidders?
It seems like ive 'missplaced' a little part which allows the new valve assembly to bolt to the yellow plate that the pedal rides down on.

Take a look at the picture and let me know?
Old ones blue, new ones the silver...
The small blue part is the outer shell which goes on top of the new valve part and has the piston that is pushed onto the sprung part.
just seems like a spacer is missing?

Ideas?

Gear I run;

Thank You Sponsors!