iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ice cream that doesn't freeze

Started by Tom L, March 25, 2015, 02:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom L

went to get some last night, still mushy, start to read the label

looks like they put some kind of anti freeze in the ice cream so it does not freeze

some type of propylene .

can't believe it. wife is thinking about making our own. or her own, and I will be out of luck.

has anyone heard of this before? I was kind of astounded at reading the label

Chuck White

What's the temp in your freezer, should be around Zero!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tom L

Quote from: Chuck White on March 25, 2015, 02:31:26 PM
What's the temp in your freezer, should be around Zero!

-3, and everything else is frozen solid

DeerMeadowFarm

If it's not frozen (ice) shouldn't you just call it "cream"?  ;)

rjwoelk

Perhaps there is a little bit of rum or other kind of alcoholic beverage in it. It will keep it from going hard.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

rjwoelk

Speaking of frozen. Sudbury Ontario ok got figure the pic thing tonight.  Snow 1/4 mile visability.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

ely

we call those milk shakes down here. :D

Tom L

wrote it down and did some research

ethylene glycol monstearate , is a mix of stearic acid and ethylene glycol

the stearic acid being a fat and the ethylene glycol being anti freeze, same stuff you put in a radiator.

so they make it , to not freeze.

kind of crazy when you think about it.

pabst79

That doesn't sound like its edible? I don't want to be scared of ice cream!  smiley_spider drop
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Magicman

Sounds like all "store bought" ice cream has it:  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DeerMeadowFarm

We're going to have to start an ice cream making thread soon! Who makes their own?  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 26, 2015, 10:18:10 AM
Sounds like all "store bought" ice cream has it:  LINK

Stow bought ice cream around here IS NOT fully frozen.  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pabst79

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on March 26, 2015, 12:52:42 PM
We're going to have to start an ice cream making thread soon! Who makes their own?  :)

I remember my folks making it when I was a kid, ice cubes and salt and cream, I think? I wonder if they still make the DIY kits  cone_1 cone_1 cone_1
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

4x4American

If you read through MM's link blurb there's a link to a YT video on how to make your own ice cream, so I thought cool I'll watch it.  I got to the part where she said she bought an ice cream maker!

It says its propelyne glycol in ice cream.  Ethylene glycol is in coolant.  Not sure on the difference.

It almost seems like they're trying to poison us...
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!