iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not enough money

Started by Roger2561, December 19, 2013, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger2561

Open the link below.  No one could pay me enough money to walk out there!  Would you do it? 

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/12/19/new-tourist-attraction-is-seriously-scary/?intcmp=features

Roger
Roger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just saw this on the news. Its different.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

i think that would be awesome!!
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

I saw that on the 7 o'clock news tonight. No for me. But you did mention money. If there was $100,000 waiting for me...... yes for me.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

45 years ago I was a iron worker 500 feet up I would give it a try :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

red oaks lumber

whats the saying? go big or go home :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Sheepkeeper

The CN Tower on Toronto has a section of glass floor (at least it did when I was up there). It is fun just to stand back and watch how people react to it. Some will jump up and down on it and others will not go anywhere near it. It was neat to look down through the floor and see the Blue Jays warming up for a game.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

martyinmi

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

sandhills

I could stand in the cube and admire the scenery, trouble is I'm not sure how you'd get me up there.  Being scared of heights is a funny thing, one thing will scare me to death and the next doesn't phase me  ::).

Ianab

Sky Tower in Auckland lets you do this, without the glass box bit. Just some steel grate (and a safety rope) ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuDL7C1sEeU

The walk is 570 feet up  8)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

coxy

NO NO  NO  DID I SAY NO got dizzy just looking at the pics ;D  have a hard time sitting on the loader seat at 12ft  and there could be a million bucks in that cube and it would stay there NO NO AND NO

Cedarman

That would be spectacular.  Would love to have that for the back porch.  Want to step on the glass floor overlooking the grand canyon.  I can remember the first pit I rappelled down.  Leaned back on a ledge and only had a 3/8 goldline rope with a small rappel rack holding me about 150' from the rocky floor.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Roger2561

Quote from: Ianab on December 19, 2013, 11:42:30 PM
Sky Tower in Auckland lets you do this, without the glass box bit. Just some steel grate (and a safety rope) ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuDL7C1sEeU

The walk is 570 feet up  8)

Ianab - Man, you gotta have some stones to get out there.  I got dizzy by watching the video.  I experience vertigo if I get more than 12 feet off the ground so I know Id lose my breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time.  The funny thing is I never used to be frightened of heights.  It wasn't until I got into my 30's that it started bothering me and as I get older it gets worse.  Man, I need some oxygen... :)  Roger 
Roger

Ron Wenrich

For sheer pucker power, try this video of climbing a radio tower to change light bulbs.  Talk about not enough money. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy4HIwr9CcM
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Magicman

Pucker Power is a good description.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firecord

the sky walk at the grand canyon has a glass floor also.  it took a few steps to get my legs but it was way kool!

Chuck White

The Glass Box Walk would be a challenge, the Skywalk would be more-so, but Ron's Tower Climb to change the light bulb would be "over the top" with me!     :o  :o  :o

Now I've gotta take a break just to get my eyes right again.  I also think someone's been messing with my chair because it wants to turn by itself now!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Al_Smith

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on December 20, 2013, 07:53:11 AM
For sheer pucker power, try this video of climbing a radio tower to change light bulbs.  Talk about not enough money. 

Oh there's enough money in it .I've been on a tower before up near 600 feet ( 30 plus years ago ) .It's mind over matter .Anything over about 20 feet will kill you anyway .Besides that towers have a pretty good system of tying off with a harness .The only way you could fall is if you unbuckled and jumped .Now how stupid would that be ?

thecfarm

I have no idea what matter has to do with it,but I know my mind has alot to do with it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

Old story .In the spring of 1977 my buddy and I were working out of a crane basket on a job in Sarnia Ont .We were at around 240 feet .On an ajacent structure the Mohawk ironwokers looked like ants they were up so high .

Let me tell ya though they were not dancing across those I-beams .Slow and steady, life lines ,harnesses and crabbing across that iron .There's old ironworkers and bold iron workers .There are no bold old iron workers .,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Things like this are not for country Rednecks like US, ME.

I can remember the last time I said...."Hey y'all, watch this!".  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Gary_C

The transmission tower was fun and easy for me to watch from my chair. But that's as close as I would get to that job. I've climbed the outside of 80 foot tall silos and that was enough.

But the glass enclosed viewing platform would be great to walk out on and see the view. I'd love to be there and see that view and take my own pictures. And the cable car ride to get there would be fun too. 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Papa1stuff

Just watching them climb that tower makes me nervous ,don't like heights at all, but when I was younger I owned a Cessna 150 and it did not bother me to fly it, guess being inside makes a difference! ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Leigh Family Farm

Funny thing is I have done the CN Tower walk in Toronto AND the tower in Auckland soooo bring on the glass cube in the Alps! I did hangliding in NC when I was 12 and that pretty much set the bar for all future stupidity!
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Thank You Sponsors!