iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT35 HD

Started by DDobbs, December 10, 2013, 05:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunz

So I spoke with Joe here in NC today about the 35hyd. He told me that the updated 2014 mills will start being manufactured in February. Updates include a revised Debarker, and same power feed and up down motors as the lt-40. I guess they decided it was best to just go with what works well...less parts to stock too. Can't wait!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

DDobbs

So looking into the crystal ball per say. If I see sawing 2 days a week for myself and lets just say 2 days for someone else.
I am a one man band so do I need to be looking at a LT40hd over the LT35hd?
I am open to a good used low hour mill.  But what I have seen so far should have been listed as well used..
Used is good but if your working on it your not sawing. And a new unit they are at least buying the parts for the  2yrs.

Thanks
Dave
EZ Boardwalk 40
Ez Boradwalk Jr.sold 11/7/2015
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

Old Wood Whacker

Quote from: hunz on December 13, 2013, 11:45:18 PM
So I spoke with Joe here in NC today about the 35hyd. He told me that the updated 2014 mills will start being manufactured in February. Updates include a revised Debarker, and same power feed and up down motors as the lt-40. I guess they decided it was best to just go with what works well...less parts to stock too. Can't wait!
That could very well be the deal breaker for me. Those are the things that concerned me with the 35, but for what I need it to do, I've been having a hard time justifying putting out the extra $ for the 40. I wonder if it is going to change the price much? Since the debarker is an option anyway, it doesn't seem like it should cost a whole lot more than it does now aside from an extra $400 for the better debarker.

hunz

Joe told me that you could lock in the more for less price of $18,995 by putting down $1000 which is fully refundable. You could then decide when you wanted to get your new 35. He said they were 4-6 weeks out on them right now, and if I put the down payment on it, I would have the choice of getting the updated mill as long as I specified to not manufacture until Feb 2014. He said I could also lock in the older Debarker price too!

chickenchaser

smiley_headscratch

...and it's all your fault, DDobbs...

;)
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

DDobbs

EZ Boardwalk 40
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

chickenchaser

Quote from: DDobbs on December 16, 2013, 04:19:21 PM
Your welcome  :D
I do most things bass-ackwards...so I probably should say "Thank You" now.  ::)

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

samandothers

Joe and folks at Wood-Mizer NC are great to work with.  I have an LT 35 from 2012 I bought from Wood-Mizer NC and have been very happy. 

chickenchaser

OK...DDobbs. To explain the "It's Your Fault" comment:

I recently sold my 2003 band mill - after owning it about a year.
It wasn't a shocker that someone bought it...the shocker was I allowed myself to sell it.
I was set on a LT15 to replace it. Stationary suited my needs very well. I went to Open House at Wood-Mizer GA and confirmed this by test driving one again. Would have ordered that day if not for waiting on transaction of the sale of the old mill.

Between then and now - you started this thread. Got me to doing this  smiley_headscratch ,   :P   and   smiley_idea  about missing my hydraulics, among other things.

It's not really ALL your fault. You had accomplices like Hunz and others, but............

Delivery of my LT35HG is scheduled for 12/27. 

Honestly - Thanks for the help!

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

Magicman

So now you have let the chickens out of the coop.   :)  Oh, and Congrats on the new sawmill.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hunz

I have never been called an accomplice before let alone in a good context. Either way I will take it as a compliment  :D

SawyerBrown

Ooh, maybe not so good news for those of us that bought the old new (only one+ year ago!) 35.

Anybody know whether this is to fix problems, or just performance upgrade, or ???  And here's to hoping they DON'T stock less parts, Hunz!!   :)

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

hunz

Quote from: SawyerBrown on December 19, 2013, 07:23:19 PM

Ooh, maybe not so good news for those of us that bought the old new (only one+ year ago!) 35.

Anybody know whether this is to fix problems, or just performance upgrade, or ???  And here's to hoping they DON'T stock less parts, Hunz!!   :)

Sawyerbrown,
  For your sake I hope they do not discontinue parts for your 35 drive motors. The last thing any mill owner wants is for parts to go discontinued :-\. I am sure woodmizer will continue to do the great job it already does with customer service ;D

I am unsure for the move to the larger motors. I have read a complaint or two about lt35 up/down motors acting up, of course woodmizer had a fix for it. I wonder if the bigger motors mean I will be able to upgrade to a larger diesel down the road!?

samandothers

I have an LT35 from early 2012.  It did have a safety type recall where Wood-mizer reached out to me about an issue with possibility of the head falling.  I could order the part and replace or take to dealer.  I elected to take to Joe at NC Carolina to ensure all was done properly.  No charge of course they did all the work and I went back and picked up in a very short period of time.  Seemed to be a very limited situations where the head might fall but since it was a possibility Wood-mizer replaced with a much heavier drive mechanism. 
I would not hesitate to by the same mill again.  Wood-mizer did the right thing and I feel will continue to back and support this product. 
Love the mill!

chickenchaser

Quote from: hunz on December 19, 2013, 07:01:55 PM
I have never been called an accomplice before...

So you are not married... bat_smailey

;)

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

SawyerBrown

Quote from: thechknhwk on December 11, 2013, 07:42:26 PM
If you're running hard you will empty the tank in about 6-8hrs.  If I remember to top it off at halftime

Hey, hwk, is "halftime" the same as "lunch"?  Or are you watching a football game while working?   :D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

thechknhwk

Quote from: SawyerBrown on December 19, 2013, 10:10:32 PM
Quote from: thechknhwk on December 11, 2013, 07:42:26 PM
If you're running hard you will empty the tank in about 6-8hrs.  If I remember to top it off at halftime

Hey, hwk, is "halftime" the same as "lunch"?  Or are you watching a football game while working?   :D

Yes, lunch. ;D

DDobbs

I think I am going to wait a bit and see how things work out with the changes.

I have my 2 csm's that will get me by.
EZ Boardwalk 40
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

hunz

Quote from: chickenchaser on December 19, 2013, 09:45:55 PM
Quote from: hunz on December 19, 2013, 07:01:55 PM
I have never been called an accomplice before...

So you are not married... bat_smailey

;)

CC

Well I am married, but the "accomplice" still eludes me. Well I have been for only 3 years, so it might be well on its way in ten years :D

SawyerBrown

Dave, if you ever want to crank out some logs, give me a holler and I'll bring my LT35 down.  Maybe I'll even let you drive to see how you like it!

Pete

Thank You Sponsors!