iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

backhoe from scratch and scrap

Started by grouch, June 06, 2017, 09:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

I have a jeep Comanche like that. good new is the jeep will rot away to nothing before my heirs will get stuck with it.

grouch

Boom and dipper pins.

I didn't like the mess I was making with MIG, so I went back to 6011.

Boom pinned to the base, finally.

Note the weld stringer on the dipper bracket. Normally that would mean, "tear here". Here, it was an attempt to pull that bracket back into alignment.

Didn't work; notice the sliver of daylight in the upper right.

Time for the weedburner. Note the pin is already in place. It was close enough to drive in and the heating is to relax some of the strain so it is possible to get the pin back out.

This is not quick.

Hot enough for bacon; not hot enough for biscuits.

It doesn't have to reach forging temperature but it does have to get hot enough to move and accommodate that pin.

That looks about right. Let it slowly cool with the pin in place.
Find something to do that interests you.

Ljohnsaw

So I was searching for something and it popped me into the middle of this older thread.  So I read to the end then started at the beginning to see what the finished tractor looked like and then continued back to the middle. ::) :D What a great read!

So, how's it holding up and performing for you?  I did notice that you put the loader cylinders on "upside down" compared to most I've seen. Any particular reason for that?  It just makes for a lot of hoses that must travel a bit.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

grouch dropped off in October, 2017 and I was unsuccessful contacting him. ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!