iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Danny's New Toy

Started by Red Clay Hound, August 27, 2012, 08:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Clay Hound

Here are a couple of shots of Danny with his new (gently used) mill.  After a little excitement, we got the mill loaded on the trailer yesterday evening with no major damage! smiley_anxious  This morning, I fed him grits and sent him on his way. smiley_clapping

2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Weekend_Sawyer

Congratulations Danny!  8)

An LT15 AND grits, what a deal!!! :)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: Raider Bill on August 27, 2012, 08:27:30 AM
Thought he had a LT15?
He did.  This one has a 25 hp. engine vs. 15 with the old mill.  This one also has an extra bed section and is 6 years newer.
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Raider Bill

Ah... I figured he was going bigger with hydraulics..  ;D

Magicman

And the saga continues.   8)   Congrats to both of you.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: Raider Bill on August 27, 2012, 08:39:27 AM
Ah... I figured he was going bigger with hydraulics..  ;D
I think Mr. Hamsley likes to keep things simple.  Except of course when he is describing the differences between the wood properties of Pignut Hickory vs. Mockernut Hickory. ;D ;D

Meadows Miller

Gday

and Congrats on the new to you mill Danny  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) Your not getting into this multi mill ownership are you now Mate   :-\ ;) :D :D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Burlkraft

Congrtas Danny!  8)

Nuthin' like an upgade
Why not just 1 pain free day?

metalspinner

Can you bolt both mill beds togetehr in length?

I'm still wondering how your gonna run both mills at the same time. :-\ :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

DanG

He can bolt the tracks together end to end, then put both mills on it in tandem.  Just set the back one an inch lower than the front one, and away he goes.  He can now cut twice as much lumber as Jake! 8) 8) 8)

Good thing he ate them grits!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tcsmpsi

In the excitement over the grits, he didn't forget the trailer, did he?    ;D

Well, the shed ain't big enough, now.  But, I've no doubt there is figuring going on in that calculatin' brain.   :D

Personally, I think it is swell!  Congratulations, Danny!  (gettin' kinda wild lookin' with 'retirement' and all)   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: DanG on August 27, 2012, 09:33:42 AM
He can bolt the tracks together end to end, then put both mills on it in tandem.  Just set the back one an inch lower than the front one, and away he goes.  He can now cut twice as much lumber as Jake! 8) 8) 8)

Good thing he ate them grits!
Now you're talkin' DanG!  That's some sophisticated thinkin' you're doin' there.  I can't wait to see that setup! :D :D

Jemclimber

Congratulations!!!!  I'm not sure what the clamps look like, hopefully the older swing up style.  I love my 15 with the exceptions of the clamps that should be upgraded soon. 
lt15

POSTON WIDEHEAD

JUICY

Very nice Danny....and I mean VERY NICE!  smiley_thumbsup

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

paul case

Don't get too excited to see 2 lt 15's together or an addition on the shed since the wdh's older lt15 is up for sale.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,60240.0.html

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

slider

way to go danny,I like it.   al
al glenn

Radar67

Now he just needs to figure out how to run them both at once to double his production.... ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

scsmith42

Nice score Danny!  Congrats on the new toyl!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Radar67 on August 27, 2012, 12:42:52 PM
Now he just needs to figure out how to run them both at once to double his production.... ;)

Danny is not only very ingenious but also energetic. I'm sure he can make that work! ;D

Texas Ranger

he is keeping strangely silent, not like  him.  There is a plot afoot.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Holmes

Good move Dan, double the pleasure double the fun...  8)
Think like a farmer.

Dodgy Loner

Very nice Danny, you're lucky I live on a 1/2 acre lot or that sawmill may have been headed to Mississippi :D

I understand the process of loading the mill caused a bit more excitement than anticipated - glad to see it's still in one piece. :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Thank You Sponsors!