iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

'Nother Hoss for da Farm

Started by Magicman, September 17, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I have found the output shaft for ~$100, so this thing may be rebuildable.  The stumpjumper pan weldment may be a different story.  @ ~$600, I am beginning to like it the way it is.  ::)

The good thing is that I was about finished so there is nothing that has to be bushhogged right now.  ½ of this one works so I can clip 4' plus I have an old 6' lift cutter that could be used if necessary.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

On my NH the front rims have metal welded around the valve stems. The rear rims have nothing.  ???  
I put tubes in all of the tractor tires. Should be a law against tubeless on a tractor.  ;D  Fine if the tractor never leaves the lawn.....  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

I mount all my tractor tires tubeless when possible. I keep tubes on the shelf for all the tires I have but hope that I never need them.

Magicman

Da Hoss got an upgrade today smiley_thumbsup  yup a Thumb Up.

Unboxed and ready for me to do my job.

First the center upright on the pallet forks had to go.  The cutoff blade took care of that.

Installed and ready for a trip to the hydraulic hose shop.

Up and down now.

Start to finish it took about two hours, and then another hour to get the hoses.  At the recommendation of the hydraulic man, I opted for ¼" hose instead of 3/8" hose and a flow reducer.  I also used the rear hydraulics.

Thank you @beenthere for the picture of your setup which really was a big help in knowing how and where to position the base plate.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Walnut Beast

You should really like that 👍

Crusarius

hows the skilsaw holding up to the abrasive wheel? I have thought about doing that alot but was always concerned it would melt down in my hands.

thecfarm

I have a makita circular saw. I betcha I have put more than 100 of those round cutting blades through my saw.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

No problem whatsoever with using the metal cutting wheel in the Skilsaw. 

I had time today to put the hydraulic hoses in sleeving and do some dressing up:

I used the rear hydraulics and ran kinda hydraulic "extension cords" to the front of the FEL.

Da front attachments.

And then a few more views.  The first use will be moving ~20 SYP logs onto Marty's property.  Some will be sawn for the customer and the rest will be framing lumber for Marty's pole barn for his construction equipment.

Walnut Beast

Looks nice Magicman. I'm sure your going to like it. Nothing wrong with hydraulic line extensions. I had hydraulic extensions made years ago when I had a Cat 247 CTL. Ran them back to my Great Plains drill and planted some CRP. Worked pretty slick. Still have the extensions with quick connectors. Might come in handy someday

Magicman

First job for da Thumb:

This ERC log looks big because it is.  That is a 26" top end.  A neighbor had given this tree/log to me several months ago but it was still standing.  The power company crew dropped it today so now the log is in Marty's back yard.  There is no rush to decide what it will become.

WDH

I would cut posts for the raised bed crowd this Spring :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Resonator

I would cut as many feet of sweet cedar closet paneling the log would yield.  ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Magicman

Marty's "startup construction company" got another hoss today.

A remote controlled Vermeer video service wire plow.  (He could also install telephone service and irrigation pipe.)  It's only 34½" wide so it can go through a standard 3' yard fence gate. 

I guess that it is time to remove the "startup" from his construction company.  D4 Construction Company it is.  

Crusarius

I love those little vermeer's When I was looking at one for moving stuff around the logyard and picking up logs from ppl one of those was high on the list. The one I was looking at was stand on and if I remember right had 3500 lb lift capacity. 

It was tiny so it would fit anywhere.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on November 14, 2020, 08:17:22 PMI was unsuccessful removing the broken shaft stub but it really doesn't matter because I will have to replace everything below the gearbox anyway. That's hoping that the gearbox output shaft is a replaceable item.

A continuation From Reply #173 above.  The replacement shaft was more $$ than the entire gearbox so I decided to go ahead and replace both gearboxes.  They were both the same age, plus the other has had a seal leaking for several years.  They came in today....$2100+.   :-X    No big rush but it's gonna be a job!!  ::)

47sawdust

MM , What are the parts I'm looking at in your last post?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Magicman

Two new gearboxes.  The output shafts are toward the camera.

Here they are with the gearboxes down and the output shafts upward.  The input shafts are seen (with blue tape) between the gearboxes pointing toward each other.  There will be much work to get them installed on my 3008 Bushhog.

Magicman

Well PatD and I added 'nother Hoss to da Farm today.  Yup, another gas powered Golf Car.

We have looked at and considered various SXS's by Kubota, Polaris, Honda, etc. but these little jewels have been our favorites for about 15 years.  This Yamaha will join two others which are gas powered Club Cars.

Gere Flewelling

Magicman- You will love that Yamaha golf cart.  Where I work, I have a fleet of golf carts that get used and abused all summer long doing every kind of task they were not designed for.  I have found the Club Cars to be quite reliable and inexpensive to keep running.  I have some older Yamaha's that have been exceptionally tough over the years and require considerably less maintenance than the CC's.  I personally have the oldest Yamaha to serve as the "service vehicle". It is an old two stroke G1.  It looks pretty bad, which is a good thing in that no one wants to borrow it. :D  The newer Yamaha's are so much quieter and smoother than the Club Cars we have, I wouldn't consider any other brand for personal use.  I hope you have a good time with the new Yamaha.  It's a beauty!
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

Magicman

Da new Hoss was seen doing some hossin' around this morning.

First there was some seriious land clearing activity.

And then skidding out this large tree.  :o

gspren

Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

WDH

Magicman

:)

The cover came today which should help with dust & debris because I do not have a shed/garage for it here at home. 

At least the cover did fit.  

Thank You Sponsors!