iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM vs. WM???

Started by FiremanEd, January 02, 2006, 11:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

Quote from: MartyParsons on January 06, 2006, 07:38:02 AM

The difference on the LT40 Hydraulic and LT40Super Hydraulic is all components, the frame is the same ( As far as I know).

That's what I thought. Which leads me to the real question that I've wanted to ask all along. The LT40HD Super can accept a 51 HP Cat. If the mast is the same, it is within limits for the additional weight. Is the headrig the same?  .............. structurally of course (not refering to having enough room, components in the way or components needed ect. In addition, I am wondering if the extra load is within limits for the up/down chains, sprockets and right angle gear box.  :P
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Brucer

Quote from: woodbowl on January 06, 2006, 10:43:44 AM

... In addition, I am wondering if the extra load is within limits for the up/down chains, sprockets and right angle gear box. :P

The parts list for my '05 LT40 manual mill shows a different gearbox/pulley/shaft/bearing for the 34HP diesel / 36 HP gas engines. The lift chain is a double RS50 -- my chain book shows a maximum allowable load of 2380 pounds for the RS50-2 chain. The lift motor's the same, but the lifting speed is slower for the bigger engines.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

MartyParsons

Is the headrig the same?  .............. What do you refer as the Headrig? There are many parts different. The up /down motor is 3/4 hp and it is faster up and down. woodbowl is correct on the assembly gear box is heavier. I am not sure about the specs for the chain. Those engineers just dont drive trains.  ;D I see you have a 1995 LT40 the mill. The saw head has gone through many changes since then. I am sure Wood-Mizer would not recomend you installing a 51 HP Cat engine on your mill. I can start naming the changes that I am aware of but it would take forever and it may not be correct. Please be carefull if  you attempt a major change like this. Safety First  :)
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

woodbowl

Quote from: MartyParsons on January 07, 2006, 07:19:24 AM
What do you refer as the Headrig? .............  I see you have a 1995 LT40 the mill. The saw head has gone through many changes since then.

Headrig may not be the right term. I tried to seperate the mill into 3 groups. The frame, mast and headrig.  ( sawhead) ??

The mill I have is actually a 1988 manual that I have modified by adding my own hydraulics. The main 3 groups still seem to be the same welded joints and materials. I'm comparing structural integrety of the basic 3 groups not the added components.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Thank You Sponsors!