iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not as tough as you guys

Started by captain_crunch, December 18, 2012, 10:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Quote from: westyswoods on December 20, 2012, 01:51:41 PM
First significant snow fall in two years here. Looking at about thirteen inches on the ground with four to eight more coming. Winds increasing to forty miles an hour. Lost power twice as this is an extremely wet and heavy snow.

The real upside is ground is not froze and we need the moisture bad.

Break out the snow shoes/booties for the dogs.

Hey Burlkraft how is that box scraper working out. I'll see you later, you know us elderly always watching out for the kids in the neighborhood.

Have A Great Day All

Westyswoods
May you rest in peace. This has been a rough year for you and your bride. You were a great person to know albeit for a very short time.
http://host.madison.com/news/local/obituaries/westbrook-gary-d-westy/article_7737d587-57a9-5ffc-a7dc-855018b68bf9.html

beenthere
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

I just read that link. :'(
Amen.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

A nice hat that he is wearing.  8)  Yes,he is everywhere. Another one so young struck down by the "C"
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mikeb1079

that's too bad.  i didn't realize he was a madison firefighter. rip
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Magicman

It's so very sad.  Condolences to the family.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Westyswoods was a neighbor and a good friend of Burlkraft's and they shared some work together.

Good pic of Westyswoods in the obit, wearing his Forestry Forum hat.  8)

Burlkraft said a bunch of firemen were out to help Westy get his wood cut up and split. Apparently they put up a lot of wood in a couple days.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

captain_crunch

wish I had this years pic Snow was 10 in deep  in same spot temp was -5 Thought lived in Oregon not Siberia
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: beenthere on December 23, 2013, 04:55:10 PM
Quote from: westyswoods on December 20, 2012, 01:51:41 PM
First significant snow fall in two years here. Looking at about thirteen inches on the ground with four to eight more coming. Winds increasing to forty miles an hour. Lost power twice as this is an extremely wet and heavy snow.

The real upside is ground is not froze and we need the moisture bad.

Break out the snow shoes/booties for the dogs.

Hey Burlkraft how is that box scraper working out. I'll see you later, you know us elderly always watching out for the kids in the neighborhood.

Have A Great Day All

Westyswoods
May you rest in peace. This has been a rough year for you and your bride. You were a great person to know albeit for a very short time.
http://host.madison.com/news/local/obituaries/westbrook-gary-d-westy/article_7737d587-57a9-5ffc-a7dc-855018b68bf9.html

beenthere

From one firefighter to another, RIP brother Westy   :'(

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: captain_crunch on December 24, 2013, 11:04:28 PM
wish I had this years pic Snow was 10 in deep  in same spot temp was -5 Thought lived in Oregon not Siberia
The freezing fog up and down I-5 was my biggest issue. Coming over the pass from K-falls was good road dropped into Medford the freezing fog was thick and slick, and it was worse up north, we were headed to Lincoln city with the mill so took 101 up the coast.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!