iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ask NOT what your Gum Tree can do for you. Ask what you can do with your Gum Tre

Started by Southside, April 07, 2021, 08:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

2500 square feet of kiln dried, tongue and groove, Wilsons Walnut. Ready to be installed into the ceiling of a new construction home.

Remember kids. Spray and burn your Sweet Gum so you can grow more pine.  ;D

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Patrick NC

Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Magicman

I was contacted today about sawing Sweetgum

for axe throwing targets.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Larry

Working on a sweet gum stool tonight.

Incoming 36" sweet gum early next week.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

farmfromkansas

I bought a bunch of Tupelo trim for a house once, was beautiful stuff, but after while some pieces would kink.  Base mostly.  Nobody complained, but the company I bought it from switched to poplar, and they bleached it with oxalic acid, so instead of green, it was yellow. Straight, but not as attractive.  After a year or so, they switched to oak.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Tom King

The last I sold, I got a dollar a ton for it-leftovers after getting a hundred acre stand thinned.

An old man told me, a long time ago, that he built a chicken coop out of green Sweetgum.  He said that in about a year, the inside was on the outside.

We have some Huge Sweetgums at one of the museum houses I look after that need to come down.  One is large enough to get Many chair seat blanks out of.  The other is only about 3' diameter.  Air dried Windsor chair seat blanks were going for a hundred bucks, the last time I looked a few years ago.

Those trees will probably go to the dump.  I don't have anything to slice it up with, nor the time.

gspren

The new house we are buying is on a short private lane that comes off Gum Tree Road, you can't drive there without taking Gum Tree Road. I haven't walked through the bordering  woods yet but I'm thinking there should be some Gum there.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!