iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to chrome

Started by Don_Papenburg, November 29, 2017, 10:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_Papenburg

We had to dump explorer for google chrome .  How do you that have chrome  get the stupid thing to save favorites?  and then be able to retrieve them  .  I have punched the star and did the save button and then it looks the same as it did before I tapped any buttons. 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

clearcut

Control - D Bookmarks the current page.

The More Menu 3 dots in the upper right leads to the Bookmarks Menu where you can

Show the Bookmarks Bar,
     or import Bookmarks (favorites) from IE.
     There is also the Bookmarks Manager that lets you move Bookmarks around and such.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Ianab

And while you are in the settings, turn on the "Bookmarks Bar". Then you can have your favourites sitting on a bar across the top of the screen for easy access.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

DanG

I have both Chrome and IE on my computer. Chrome works better on most sites but I have well over a hundred "favorites" on my IE menu so I go over there to access many of them. I still miss Netscape!  :'( :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

I use Firefox on my pc and chrome on the phone. The only time I open ie is to see if a website I'm working on displays correctly. Many times it does not and causes me more work. I hate ie.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!