iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

clark Ranger 664C leaking fluid

Started by treesmasher123, July 29, 2020, 12:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treesmasher123

Hello everyone , this is my first post. I have a Clark Ranger 664C and it started pushing transmission fluid out  around the breather on the torque. Does any one have any thoughts what would cause this to happen.  

kiko

Does your 664c have a divorced converter?  If so there is a drain hose from the converter to transmission housing that could be kinked or blocked. Also transmission pump could be leaking through the shaft seal making the volume to great to drain as it would normally .

treesmasher123

Thanks  Kiko I'll check on the return line. I just rebuilt the torque and put a new charge pump on the old girl . It was leaking a little bit before but now it's leaking worse. half a gallon every couple of days.

kiko

The seal ring set under the stator would be another source of internal converter leakage. Some of the Clark convertors that stator seal was a two piece seal that had a spring of sorts under the seal to keep it expanded.

treesmasher123

I replaced the vent on top of the torque with a brand new  vent and it is still pushing fluid out of the vent. Any one have any ideas what could cause this. the old girl still works decently well but not like it should. Any input would greatly be appreciated

lshobie

There is a filter inside the hydraulic tank...a really bugger  to get at.  Mine was doing that...changed that filter and good to go.
John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

Thank You Sponsors!