iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loader scales

Started by bandmiller2, May 15, 2008, 06:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

If I mounted a pressure gauge by the valve in the hyd. line to the loader lift cylinders,could I get a fairly accurate weight estimate??Weight to pressure should be directly perportional.Establish a base line ,loader empty then with a known weight say lime bags on a pallet,should be able to make a simple graph.Before load cells thats how portable truck scales worked. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ladylake

That should work good on the bigger logs, real small ones would be a little off.  In cold weather it would take more pressure just to the hydraulics working.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Dave Shepard

I've seen gauges that tap into your loader piping before, not sure how accurate they are. I've heard that a lot of the big gravel pits have scales built into their payloaders and can print a bill right from the seat. Must be accurate or would not be legal for trade.

I think you would have to take your readings at the exact same point in height and bucket curl. If you rolled the bucket out, it would exert more leverage and give a false reading.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!