iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Grandson!

Started by SawyerTed, May 01, 2024, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

I met my new grandson this afternoon.  He came last night after 11:00.

This is Ezra.  Mom and dad are doing well.  Ezra is pretty happy so far
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

doc henderson

I thought he would have a mustache.  guess he looks more like grandma.  thank God!  ffsmiley  Congratulations to all!!!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Congratulations Grandpa!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

red

WOW. THATS AWESOME ! ! ! 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

CCCLLC

Congrats Ted and family. 

B.C.C. Lapp

Wonderful!  Congrats Ted. ffcool
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

SwampDonkey

Congrats gramps, and mom and dad.  ffsmiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SawyerTed

Reckon he'll make a tail gunner?  A sawyer?  SawyerEzra?   ffcool

Laborers are hard to find and it takes a long time to raise 'em!   ffcheesy
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

RetiredTech

Congratulations! What a blessing.
Philippians 4:8

Branson 4520R, EA Wicked Root Grapple, Dirt Dog Pallet Forks
Echo cs-450 & cs-620p , Husqvarna 136, Poulan Pro, and Black Max Chainsaws
Partially built bandsaw mill

barbender

Congratulations, Ted! I just had my wife snap this picture to send to our oldest daughters, for a little guilt trip. Just so you know I mean it when I say, I'm truly jealous!😊

Too many irons in the fire

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations. See if NC offers an infant lifetime hunting, fishing and trapping license and if so get him one now so he can go with you forever. I got my three local granddaughters theirs. :thumbsup:
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SawyerTed

NC does offer the lifetime license.  For infants and seniors it's the same price.  @WV Sawmiller iI asked my son to let us buy the license for Ezra and wisely he said yes.   I'll be getting what NC calls the Unified Sportsman License with coastal fishing privileges.   It permits all hunting and fishing in NC except ducks and special fishing devices (traps and nets). Duck hunting only requires adding a duck stamp.  

BTW I have his Dad's Snoopy fishing rod and reel put away to give to him in 3 or 4 years.  

We've already had talks, Ezra and I, about catfish, sea trout, drum, bass, mountain trout and crappies.    ffcheesy ffcheesy  Next we"ll be talking about mackerel, bluefish, mahi mahi and wahoo.  

Then there's deer and turkey and..well, you get picture.  I suppose he'll have to walk first.   ffcheesy

GAB

Quote from: SawyerTed on May 02, 2024, 05:35:41 PMReckon he'll make a tail gunner?  A sawyer?  SawyerEzra?  ffcool

Laborers are hard to find and it takes a long time to raise 'em!  ffcheesy

And then they go off to college and rarely return.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

GAB

Quote from: SawyerTed on May 03, 2024, 04:19:41 AMNC does offer the lifetime license.  For infants and seniors it's the same price.  @WV Sawmiller iI asked my son to let us buy the license for Ezra and wisely he said yes.  I'll be getting what NC calls the Unified Sportsman License with coastal fishing privileges.  It permits all hunting and fishing in NC except ducks and special fishing devices (traps and nets). Duck hunting only requires adding a duck stamp. 

Many States require that you attend and pass a hunter safety course proir to obtaining a hunting license.
Is there such a requirement in NC, or is there an exemption if less than 1 month old?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

WV also requires a hunter safety course for the lifetime infant license to be valid so when the kids turn 16 if they want to hunt they have to take the safety course. Buying the infant license gets it at a lower cost.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SawyerTed

Yep, I'm on it, hunter safety is required in NC as well.  Hunter safety required after age 16. Before age 16, a youth may hunt or fish with a licensed adult.  So for lifetime hunting to be valid, the hunter safety certificate has to be filed with the Wildlife Commission.

I'm sure between my son and I we'll get Ezra his hunter safety class and certificate at the appropriate time.

The lifetime license is a significant savings over annual license.  Last annual unified sportsman license I purchased was $85. The infant lifetime license is $292.  When I became eligible for the senior discount on the lifetime license, I bought it. 

In NC we still have to get our Big  Game Tags (deer, turkeys and bears) every year.  They are free.

Stephen1

Congratulations Grandpa! Grandchildren are the best. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Magicman

Congratulations to all and for making the very wise Lifetime License decision.  ffcool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

Congratulations with many happy days ahead.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!