iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting video. Worth a look

Started by btulloh, December 04, 2020, 06:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

This an interesting little structure. Don't know that I'd want to build one like this, but it's thought provoking.

https://youtu.be/wfBJaE1IWH4

There's a second episode where he clears up some obvious questions.

https://youtu.be/75PtrGYaNZo

And a third episode I haven't watched yet.

(edited - changed the link to the correct video)

Overnight at the Pop-Up Cabin- Ep 3 - YouTube

HM126

WV Sawmiller

Really neat video. I liked to 3 logs for footers. I'd love to see where they finish the roof and put glass or plexi in the window, if they are going to do so. I really liked the way they pre cut the notches on those board and just slid them together. First time I have seen the horizontal B&B but looked effective to seal the gaps. I liked the trusses bolted together so they just rotated apart and slipped over the ridge beam like that. The stove looks oversized for the cabin size to me. I liked the fold up upper bunk leaving the bottom one as a bench/work table of sorts. Also the way they hooked the packs to bottom of the upper bunk. If you come across the 3rd video please post it too.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

btulloh

(I put the correct link to the 3rd episode in the original post.  I had #2 in there twice . . . )

That big stove really caught my attention in the first video, but he explained it #2.  Besides, there's not much R value in those walls and roof (or floor) so I guess it works. Takes up a lot of space though.

That's some nice lookin' lumber he's using.  I thought I saw circle saw marks in some of those wall boards, but maybe not or maybe his dad has a circle saw plus the band mill.  

They're working on a log cabin further out that shows up in ep 3.  There's a bunch of video on that on his YT channel.  No way I can watch all the things on YT that show up and lead me down the rabbit hole.
HM126

btulloh

Seems like the first post doesn't want to change the last link to episode 3.  Trying again . . .

Overnight at the Pop-Up Cabin- Ep 3 - YouTube
HM126

Thank You Sponsors!