iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fire on my land

Started by Carlton, August 24, 2012, 01:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlton

I got a call today that my land up by Maynard was on fire. When I got there I found the ditch in front of the land had caught on fire and that the fire had began to spread into the woods and brush on my land. It was a scary situation for awhile due to being in the 90s today with a brisk wind out of the south pushing the fire deeper into the land. Thank god for a good samaritan calling it in, the Maynard volunteer fire department and the fire crew from the Arkansas Dept of Forestry. I got really fortunate and it just burned around an acre of land and did not do any real damage besides doing a good job of underbrushing for me. The cause of the fire was determined to be burning debris from a hay trailer that had caught fire while traveling down the highway in front of the property. My computer here at work doesnt want to let the pictures in my gallery upload to my post but if you are interested you can view them in my gallery.

thecfarm

I will help you,just because you have a Ford tractor.   :D

You was some lucky. Had a fire next to mine about 20 years ago. We had not cut our land than. There was nothing for fuel,so the fire went out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

An uncontrolled fire is a scarey thing for any landowner and it's good to hear that yours was contained.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Yikes.  You definitely dodged a bullet there.  Glad you got it under control so quickly.

Burlkraft

Glad it wasn't any worse.

Fire is scary...
Why not just 1 pain free day?

ely

heres a funny story about fire, last year when it was so dry and fire was on everyone mind we had a bad fire near here. an old rancher was relating how embarrasing the fire was by how it was a raging enferno as it approched his property..... only to have it die out at his fence line from lack of fuel. :D apparently his cattle had eaten anything big enough to burn.

Carlton

Thanks for the help cfarm. I keep praying the hurricane would track a tad west of the Texas Louisiana state line so it could drop some rain on this area on its way through.

Thank You Sponsors!