Darrel's Sawmilling Story

Started by Darrel, February 24, 2019, 09:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KirkD

I bet he is the same guy that cuts notches in your backstops. :D
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

Magicman

I have pictures but I would prefer to not see them again.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

Quote from: KirkD on June 06, 2019, 02:03:51 PM
I bet he is the same guy that cuts notches in your backstops. :D

Quote from: Magicman on June 06, 2019, 02:20:15 PM
I have pictures but I would prefer to not see them again.  :-X

Who needs pictures?  I have a sawmill.  :embarassed:
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Darrel

At long last I'm back to milling and getting things ready to get mor serious about my sawmilling hobby. Last summer was full of septic system installation, a trip to Japan to see kid and grandkids, and much more. 

Below is picture of what I welded up on Monday. 

So a log arch is close to being finished except for the winch mount, a battery and a few hooks. 
1992 LT40HD

Magicman

Well Hello and Welcome back to your sawing adventure.  I had to go back and re-read the entire topic to refresh my memory.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lostinmn

Quote from: Darrel on February 24, 2019, 09:41:59 PM

So last Fall, we put an ad on Craigslist and FB Marketplace and before long all the lumber sold and and Vera was happy.  She wants to buy logs by the truckload and she wants a log arch and winch for the trailer so we can go get logs. And she wants me to build a solar kiln. During summer, here on the high desert, we can dry lumber down to less then 10% but that's  only in summer so a kiln will be nice.  

So finally my wife is on board with this sawmilling adventure. Yes I'd rather saw by the foot and do from time to time but for the most part, it looks like it's shares and that's ok too.  Unless I find logging truck loads of logs for a good price.

To be continued.
how about a consulting service.... have your wife call my wife ;-)

Darrel

Thanks Lynn, yes it has been a long time, but life happens. 

@Lostinmn Cunsulting?  Hmmm. Will give that some thought.  

Went Firewood cutting today. The Forest Service opened up the forest to free wood cutting you can take up to twelve cords per family. This special deal ends June 1st. It's normally $5 per cord with an eight cord limit. So the extra four cords is the better part of the deal. Ike loves to go wood cutting and he's a big help. 

1992 LT40HD

Thank You Sponsors!