iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

someone had a bad day.

Started by BargeMonkey, September 09, 2015, 07:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

My wife saw this on FB last night, on the same hill I came down the other night when I dragged that hydro ax home. It's a long 2-3 mile hill, don't want to start down in too high of a gear like this guy probably did. Don't know who's skidder it was but mustn't have been good. 

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

sawguy21

At least all he had to do was change his shorts, it could have been a lot worse.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

starmac

Looks to be a highway truck, probably was a highway driver.
The driver has a tad more experience now though. lol
Glad no one was hurt.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

CCC4

I can't figure out what happened there...did he jack knife while in reverse??

NH-Murph

Well, I can think of worse things to have on the trailer when one goes off the road.  At least you have a skidder there to pull yourself out!

sawguy21

Quote from: CCC4 on September 09, 2015, 02:36:48 PM
I can't figure out what happened there...did he jack knife while in reverse??
I would suggest too much speed and dropped the trailer off the edge.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ianab

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 09, 2015, 11:10:19 AM
At least all he had to do was change his shorts, it could have been a lot worse.

Yeah, everything is still shiny side up   :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

dustyhat

Change his shorts , heck i would still be wiping ;D

Gearbox

If the frame isn't bent it will be when they get done with the wreckers .
Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

BargeMonkey

Real long hill with a gradual left turn at the bottom then a stop sign and 4 lanes of traffic. He knew he wasn't stopping and dumped it on the grass at the bottom of the hill. Could have been worse.  :D

wfcjr

Quote from: BargeMonkey on September 10, 2015, 08:58:23 AM
Real long hill with a gradual left turn at the bottom then a stop sign and 4 lanes of traffic. He knew he wasn't stopping and dumped it on the grass at the bottom of the hill. Could have been worse.  :D

Sounds like he used  judgement to end a bad situation....

The laws of physics are very stubborn.... momentum = mass x velocity

Always amazing where weight is your friend in moving dirt, moving logs & stability at low speeds.
But crank the speed up a bit and weight, or more appropriately, mass gets a mind of its own.

Thank You Sponsors!