iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not good

Started by Peter Drouin, March 15, 2024, 07:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Got the HOT ROD ready for the summer. So like a smart ass, I went out on the road in front of my house. Tar road. All was good with 16" wide tires spinning and smoke flying. Then BANG.  :huh? Part of the suspension came apart. That made the rear end to move around and get sideways. 
Got it on the lift. Look at it and the fix is not bad. But, I did crack the frame. 
I guess a 1932 frame is not good with a 327- 4-speed all built-up spinning 16" wide tires.  ffcheesy
Going to look today for a new frame for it. Next winter I will change it out.
I'm going to open the mill soon. April 4th Have customers calling and 100s of logs to cut.
It was fun for a minute or two. ffcheesy
But that's HOT RODING. ffcool
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

moodnacreek

Open the mill? I saw all winter and try to close in late spring. Spring and summer pine is blue stain, no one wants that.

GAB

Peter:
At least you know what, when, where, and why.
Good luck on finding a new frame.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

CCCLLC

At least there was no tow truck or recovery trailer involved. 

thecfarm

I tell ya, these kids nowadays don't know nothing!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

I think it needs a frame made from laminated wood  ffcheesy.  That would  flex and launch you forward  :thumbsup:
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: moodnacreek on March 15, 2024, 08:00:01 AMOpen the mill? I saw all winter and try to close in late spring. Spring and summer pine is blue stain, no one wants that.
I gave up the winter sawing. I get winter logs they will keep till Aug. My building are full of 8' to  16' lumber to the roof. I did that last fall to cut the rest of the in-the-yard logs. I did have some R and W oak I did not get to. 
Had some contractors this winter call so I helped them out and made some $$. stuff ready to go. I have one coming tomorrow. 
In the meantime, I'm looking at a broken HOT ROD. ffcheesy
I have till April 4th then I'm open till the first of Jan.
I have a lot to do to be ready for that, Right after I fix the HOT ROD. ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcool
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Southside

Is the crack bad enough that the Miller hot glue gun won't fix it? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Peter Drouin

That's just what I'm going to do. Take my plasma cutter, make some patches then wire feed them in place.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

beenthere

Just saw this video and right away thought of Peter. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Peter Drouin

That is a nice T-bucket,  I'm getting fixed slowly. I am taking pix. And will learn to post them. ffcheesy
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!