iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How not to survive on survivor!

Started by Cedarman, May 08, 2008, 10:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Survivor is on at 8 tonight for da finale. :)

Warbird

I think Phil's stance boils down to "garbage in, garbage out".  Rosie's stance might boil down to "most things are okay in moderation".  I think a lot of stuff on TV these days has become quite negative.

Jeff

I hate sermons but enjoy survivor.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedarman

I watched a movie tonight instead of survivor.  Tuned in  just in time to see Parv make the million and back off.  But will be back for next season.  Just for kicks.  Now time for ax men. Lets see if they survive the evening. :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Furby

Best season since the first in my book. :)
Next season........ Gabon, Africa. 8)

Paschale

Quote from: Furby on May 11, 2008, 11:06:56 PM
Best season since the first in my book. :)
Next season........ Gabon, Africa. 8)

I just saw a documentary on Gabon.  That is an amazing land, where hippos and elephants wander on the shore of the ocean, and the forests are filled with wildlife of all kinds.  That will be worth watching just for the scenery!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

Parvarti.  Can you believe it?   :D  I don't think she won a single competition, and she was the meanest one of the bunch.  True to life, don't ya think?
Say when

logwalker

This thread is hilarious and scary at the same time. ;D :o ;D :o
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

I try not to think about the scary stuff.
(Obviously, I often don't succeed, huh?)

:)

Well, my best way to escape the scary stuff is to roll
heavy logs and run a sawmill.  It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling!
(Or is that just the sawchips in my socks, pockets, waistband, etc.?)
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Furby

Quote from: Paschale on May 12, 2008, 12:46:17 AM
I just saw a documentary on Gabon.  That is an amazing land, where hippos and elephants wander on the shore of the ocean, and the forests are filled with wildlife of all kinds.  That will be worth watching just for the scenery!

I belive the preview said something about the only place in the world where Hippos surf. 8) 8) 8)

SwingOak

Quote from: Roxie on May 09, 2008, 12:38:02 PM
...poor James cut his hand opening a coconut, and he was getting a serious infection.  They pulled him out for medical reasons. 

That's because none of those knuckleheads ever know how to open a coconut.

C'mon people, if you know you're going to be on Survivor, wouldn't you take a few minutes to find out how you husk and open a coconut?

I mean, honestly...

Roxie

I thought they all made a big mistake early on when they got rid of Yau Man.  He was the ultimate "Survivor".  I loved to watch how deliberate he was in the challenges and how he out thought the rest of them.  That man could bring home the bacon, AND cook it up! 

If only he had flirted with James!   :D

Say when

Cedarman

I believe survivor is all about social surviving not boondocks surviving.  Besides opening the coconut, I would learn how to make fire. 

I wish they would quit trying to lead us astray as to who will get kicked off.  It is almost always someone different than who  they lead you to believe.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Mooseherder

Quote from: Cedarman on May 13, 2008, 07:30:53 AM
I believe survivor is all about social surviving not boondocks surviving.  Besides opening the coconut, I would learn how to make fire.

These are just a few feet from my Fire Pit.  Come on over and we'll practice on both skills. ;D

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

My son came back recently from filming in Costa Rica for about ten weeks.
He was doing digital sound, not fishing.
The job was a series to run on one of the cable TV channels.   "The Catch"
will be a fishing series which mixes survivor with a fishing competition.  Should
have some great scenery, since they moved all around several costal resorts there.

His pace was so hectic that it wasn't possible, but I had hoped that he could
look up CRTreedude while he was down there.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Roxie

Wow!  Your son has an interesting occupation!  Does he enjoy traveling and seeing places like that?  You'll have to let us know when the episodes air that he has worked on! 

Say when

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

I will keep you posted.

He enjoys it, but this last trip wore thin by the end - for everybody I think.

Thank You Sponsors!