iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AWMV + Cleereman = Wood-Mizer’s newest mill – with pictures!

Started by Bibbyman, April 08, 2008, 11:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Quote from: Firebass on April 09, 2008, 09:31:06 PM

Patents are only good for so long... But a Orange Swinger >:(... I don't think so...

It'd be cool, tho'...american made swinger...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ARKANSAWYER

There is an American made swinger.  I have played with the ideal of a swinger head mounted on a WoodMizer frame.   Then you could cut off the ruff stuff of large logs and then saw with the band head.  One day when I have extra coin and time I will work on it.  Also a slabber head mounted the same way would be great.

I have looked at these designs and wonder about slabs and fletchins breaking off before the cut is done?    ???
ARKANSAWYER

sparks

It will be at the Richmond show. I have not heard if it will be in operation though.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Jeff

I got an invite to go down and run one in about 3 weeks. I'd sure love to do it but one trip to Indy equals 2 and a half trips to my property.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

zopi

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on April 10, 2008, 03:32:45 AM

There is an American made swinger.  I have played with the ideal of a swinger head mounted on a WoodMizer frame.   Then you could cut off the ruff stuff of large logs and then saw with the band head.  One day when I have extra coin and time I will work on it.  Also a slabber head mounted the same way would be great.

I have looked at these designs and wonder about slabs and fletchins breaking off before the cut is done?    ???

there are alot of logs where one more board could be saved out of the slab too...

Who makes the american swinger? I thought they were all out of NZ..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thedeeredude

BrandX is the american made swinger.  DL Doublecut has a Canadian made swinger.

Bibbyman

Quote from: Jeff on April 10, 2008, 04:04:25 PM
I got an invite to go down and run one in about 3 weeks. I'd sure love to do it but one trip to Indy equals 2 and a half trips to my property.

I think you just afraid you'd get hooked into running a headrig again. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

You might be right. :D   I bet the ergonomic design on this is certainly something that wouldn't rip my shoulders up again like the old mechanical/hydraulic stick controls I ran for all those years. I know when I sat at the controls of that 300 way back at the 20th anniversary I was wishing I had something like those and I'm certain those have been improved upon as well over the last 5 years

Dave Shepard

You should try the new remote, that won't hurt your shoulders. Might get tired thumbs though. ;D

Bibbyman, do you know if AWMV is going to have one of those at the NEFPE in VT next month? Would sure like to see it.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Furby

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Furby

Not even a week with the new mill and ya are drooling over "bigger and better"! :D :D :D

Dave Shepard

I said I wanted to see it, not load it in the back of my pickup, drag it home, and hide it in my closet. ;) :D

Dave

Furby

Dave Shepard

I work by myself, which means no tailman, you think I wanna tail that thing? ;D

Dave

Furby

Bibbyman

Jeff seated at the controls of the LT300 at the 20'th Anniversary Party.

Quote from: Dave Shepard on April 10, 2008, 07:03:31 PM

Bibbyman, do you know if AWMV is going to have one of those at the NEFPE in VT next month? Would sure like to see it.

Dave

I don't know but I can find out.  I about bet it won't be at any of the small shows - only the big national ones.  But that's just my guess.
Sawing since '94

woodbowl

I've heard that Sanborn is set up for 17° also. There must be something about that number in terms of .... not too steep that the board abruptly breaks off and ..... not too shallow that the board sticks. Anyone know the tech on all that?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

customsawyer

I think they might need to take it to the next level and put one of those double cut blades on there and then see how many men it will take to keep up with it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Ron Wenrich

Most rigs that I've run across use a 17° angle.  I was thinking there was a resaw that had a 29° angle, but I can't recall the make.  

I changed my stick control over to joy sticks, and that helped the shoulder problems pretty much.  The chiropractor did the rest.  We now have automation where the carriage runs pretty much by itself, if I want it to.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

Quote from: Bibbyman on April 10, 2008, 07:57:19 PM

Jeff seated at the controls of the LT300 at the 20'th Anniversary Party.

I dont know that big fellow...

Firebass

Who makes the american swinger? I thought they were all out of NZ..

I made a (American Made) swinger.  ;D

Firebass

Bibbyman

Here's something I cropped out of one of the pictures of the new mill.  I hadn't thought about it.  I guess I just thought it was a single head resaw.  Then a few brain cells kicked in and went back and took another look.  Its a twin vertical saw.  I went out to the Europe web site where I'd remember seeing a small log system and found this.

Wood-Mizer Europe - Small log processing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcyoe8PX418
Sawing since '94

Kevin_H.

Hey now that's a pretty neat looking setup. you would need a consistant supply of the small logs
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

That's pretty neat:

A band scrag, followed by
            A single vertical, followed by
              A multi-head (four?) horizontal resaw!

You get a stack of five boards in a tidy bundle!
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Thank You Sponsors!