iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Open House May 20, 2006 - Mt. Vernon, MO.

Started by Bibbyman, March 28, 2006, 07:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I've found out that the spring open house will be on May 20th this year. 

This is the best time to look at all the WM mills in action, talk to the WM guys form Indy and Will Baugh of the Mo. Service center.  AND a lot of Wood-Mizer owners. 

A lot of Forestry Forum guys attend. So, Come on down!

Post on what went on last year at the WM open house
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

LBJ is ready for a road trip so you can count us in.   I have a good time there every year and meet new people and learn something when not in trouble.   ;D   They still do not have the "Food Mizer" down yet but maybe they will have one of them log lathes there to play with.
ARKANSAWYER

MULE_MAN

Linda & I will probably be there again this year ,Maybe I can sneak out of
there with LBJ so he can tree some Missouri squirrel .       ;D

Shouldn't be too hard just wait till  ARKY get's in trouble & not paying attention
and down the road.   smiley_horserider  Just kidding Dave.  I know Dog stealing in your part of the woods is a
Hanging offense   smiley_hanged   ::)   :D :D :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

ARKANSAWYER

LBJ says the problem with them Missouri tree rats is you have to "Show Them" which tree to run up. ;D

But she sure knows what to do when they make up their minds and get there.  8)
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Quote from: Bibbyman on March 28, 2006, 07:57:02 AM
I've found out that the spring open house will be on May 20th this year. 

This is the best time to look at all the WM mills in action, talk to the WM guys form Indy and Will Baugh of the Mo. Service center.  AND a lot of Wood-Mizer owners. 

A lot of Forestry Forum guys attend. So, Come on down!

Post on what went on last year at the WM open house

Sawing since '94

RMay

Sam and I are planing on going up on Friday . We may see if we can find Arkansawer but this year if we ask for directions we are going to say we owe him money :D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

Just a couple more days!   8)

We've not packed up yet but we've got some stuff staged to load!
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Well,  I gotta milk,  but I already got some benefit from the show---------R May and his BIL ,  Sam,  stopped by for a short visit on their way to the open house 8) 8)

They had been to see Arky's new set up and were raving about his new office.  Lets's have some kodacs of that,  David ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

There was a good turn out this year again at the Mt. Vernon Open House.  A lot of the usual suspects showed up – Arky, RMay and others.  We also met a number of new friends.  I hope some will join us here on the forum.

They had an impressive array of mills and an edger.  The only thing not demoed was an LT10 (they had one in a box to look at.) and they were fresh out of LT28s.  They had a number of LT70s and LT40 Supers.

Here is Mary helping Archey and Nick demo the Lathe-Mizer.

Here is the couple that first won the grand door prize of $500 towards the purchase of accessories when they bought a new mill.   They wanted the LT70 bad but wasn't quite ready for it so Arky was the second runner up.

He was happy.

Here is Arky demoing the proper use of the LogRite cant hook and the advantages of the design.

Here Archey Shearer of Wood-Mizer Indy presents Mary with a plaque that commemorates our passing the million board feet point in lumber production.   Will Baugh,  Wood-Mizer Mt. Vernon Branch Manager is to the right, Nick Burdine of Wood-Mizer Indy is to the left and Joe Alexander Wood-Mizer Mt. Vernon Re-sharp Manager stands behind Mary and Archey.

It's an honor to have our name on the wall at the Indy home office along with all the other great people.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Yep! it was a good time.    Friday I was bucking off SYP when I looked up and saw RMay and Sam.   Busted! caught working.  :o  I gave them the nickle tour of the spread and we visted for a spell then sent them packing toward Bro Nobles.
  LBJ got a little to much hamburger and hot dogs at the Show and James and I thought she was going to blow up on the way home.
  After watching the LT70 saw James looked at me and said he was going to need some help when I brought mine home.  ;D   Now that I got some extra coin for it things are going good.   
  Good time and a pleasent way to spend the day.   We stopped by Grizzly.com and bought a table saw on the way home.
ARKANSAWYER

Tom_in_Mo.

Congradulations from the Baker Products to Bibbyman and Prosawyer on their accomplishment.   8)

Mary did you already do this before Bibby came on board full time? These are good people who needs the applause. 8) 8) 8) ;) well, Mary needs the second one just for letting Bibby stick around and get in the way ;D

Bibbyman

Thanks for the congratulations Tom,  Coming from you and Baker,  we're honored a second time!

Yea,  we probably passed the million board foot mark some time back.  It process requires that you substantiate your claim.   I think we actually documented something like 1.4 million board feet – including 300,000bf for one customer over three years.  We've sawn quite a bit more than that so we've likely produced something approaching 2 million board feet.   

So it's quite likely that we passed a million board feet before I came on full time to help Mary.  It's fitting that her name comes first on the plaque and that she got the jacket.  :)
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Joe Alexander - Wood-Mizer's Re-Sharp manager at Mt. Vernon, MO. takes on grilling up burgers and hot dogs for our lunch at the Open House.  He did a great job.  smiley_thumbsup
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!