iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The next quarter sawing project.

Started by customsawyer, April 04, 2017, 04:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We are basically just a bunch of kids with sawmills who like to meet on the corner and Play.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red

An Old Goat who still  thinks he is a kid
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Mooseherder

2 cops and a goat working smart phones.

Peter Drouin

Like looking at a school bus go by with all the kids heads looking down playing with their phones. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

grouch

Quote from: Mooseherder on May 25, 2017, 01:09:32 PM
2 cops and a goat working smart phones.

I've never seen "working" quite like that before.

Looks like at least 2 of 'em have nodded off.
Find something to do that interests you.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

fishpharmer

Here is the first drone video from the 2017 Sycamore Project!  It took almost 6 hours on my DSL to upload to youtube.  Many more hours of editing. My first real video editing actually.  The raw footage is 4K hi def and I uploaded it at 1080 hi def, the youtube version has lost much of the quality.  I took the liberty of being creative with the limited sound effects I had available. Thank you again to Jake and everyone there!!!  My apologies to those that thought they were getting a haircut, I appreciate everyone's tolerance of the drone.  Also, I apologize if I did not get to meet someone due to my preoccupation with the photography.  It was my loss.  Let me know what you think, and like and subscribe if you will, there's more videos coming...

https://youtu.be/gf61efjQgps
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

tule peak timber

Yahoo 8)Very interesting footage of the crew in action. VERY nice spread Jake ! I was looking at the sawdust evacuation setup. Your "huey" soundtrack reminds me of another time.... Well Done ! :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Peter Drouin

Thanks, Nice video, Jake, You have a nice looking spread there.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

fishpharmer

Anyone have trouble figuring out who was @POSTONLT40HD , aka "The Goat?" ;D

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

DanG

Good job Fish!!  You did great on the editing for a rookie!  ;)

Thanks for that little recognition at the end too. Linda has pretty much recovered from her event and is back to normal...or better.  8) 8) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

DanG, you're very welcome, you were missed by everyone. 8)

Magicman

Thank you James for the video.  I absolutely loved the sound affects, and laughed at the "steam engine"!   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

Thank you for taking the video and the time to edit it.  That was a good time with good people.
Caveman

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WOW Fish!.....Your video is off the chart man.  :D :D :D I love it.
These drones sure put a new twist in any event.
Thanks for taking the time to do it and the time it took to edit and add sound effects.
I was rolling.  :D
Look forward to seeing more.

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

customsawyer

Wow James you are the man. Many thanks to the time and effort you put into that.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

scsmith42

Cool video! Love the soundtrack!!!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

That thing is neat!  I like the sound effects.  Goat man had me  :D :D :D  so did Jake as he was texting and driving, believe that's a $200 ticket up here in New Yaak lol
Boy, back in my day..

customsawyer

I was getting pictures of my new grandson.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!