iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do you transport your blades

Started by WV Sawmiller, March 22, 2015, 10:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delawhere Jack

If you make a flat wooden box like Peter did, copying the WM cardboard shipping box, make it an inch or so wider and longer than the WM box internal dimensions........  :( Trust me....

WV Sawmiller

Delawhere,

Rather than opt for the MagicCan (I find square things generally make better use of space) I bought a couple sheets of lauan and made 3 boxes. Unfortunately I made them the same size as the factory boxes. I made them about 4" wide, dadoed a 1/4" groove in the middle and slipped a divider piece in so I can keep new blades on one side and used blades on the other. One end still open.

Should have made them 5" wide instead of 4". May rebuild them anyway and hinge them in the middle for easier access to the blades. Just a few screws on each side and strips are readily available from the scrap pile. Only thing I will still need to buy are a few hinges.

I'll try to post pictures when I am finished.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ga Mtn Man

I like to put all the blades I'm going to use for the day right on the bandwheels, one on top of the other.  Saves time later on... when one gets dull I just pull it off and keep right on sawing.  Works better than you'd expect  :)

4/1 ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

AdirondackMill

We got ours from SCS Cases http://www.scscases-store.com/ they hooked us up with a pretty spectacular case. We used to use a made on site wooden box to ship our blades. Not anymore.
3rd Generation Sawmill in the foothills of the Adirondacks. Making big timber is what I love.

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on April 01, 2015, 10:11:13 PM
I like to put all the blades I'm going to use for the day right on the bandwheels, one on top of the other.  Saves time later on... when one gets dull I just pull it off and keep right on sawing.  Works better than you'd expect  :)

4/1 ;D
[/size][/glow][/move]
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

4x4American

Paul that's funny!  Similar to tear offs for MX goggles!

Boy, back in my day..

Ga Mtn Man

Thanks Doug.  Glad somebody gets my attempt at humor.  ::)

WV Sawmiller

Yeah! I bet both of you go to Athens Ga and root for the bulldogs too!
Howard Green

Chuck White

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on April 02, 2015, 05:47:51 PM

Never even realized what day/date it was!   :-[
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

4/1 ;D
Be sure to change the kerf setting appropriately.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

4x4American

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on April 02, 2015, 10:26:09 PM
Yeah! I bet both of you go to Athens Ga and root for the bulldogs too!

I'll have you know I have a GA Bulldogs jersey in my closet!  My old mans side is from GA...
Boy, back in my day..

WV Sawmiller

4X,

That jersey should last forever as I am sure no self-respecting moth would ever eat it. (Actually I have been known to root for UGA when there were no other SEC teams playing or when they were playing against Alabama.) War Eagle!
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!