iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow

Started by Bruno of NH, December 17, 2020, 07:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Tractor supply probably has chains. I'm pretty sure I've seen them in the Houlton, Maine store. Can't get any further out in the boonies than that, except maybe Alaska. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_belben

Maybe a truck dealer, fleet pride or hale trailer will have some for trucks running super singles.  Maybe even a loves or pilot. 
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

Glenn 51cub
Stopped in today to help me.
Skid Steer wouldn't start.
This time starter solenoid. 
Just had the starter rebuilt
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

Oh those chinese solenoids pith me off. 

Put a blowdryer to it.  Good chance you got snowmelt frozen inside.  Dont wack the solenoid body too hard if its a sliding iron core bendix kicker outter style. that just dents them then they wont engage. 
Praise The Lord

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Bruno of NH on December 21, 2020, 04:50:29 PM
Glenn 51cub
Stopped in today to help me.
Skid Steer wouldn't start.
This time starter solenoid.
Just had the starter rebuilt

You can't just keep cranking them. Have to let them cool off some.
Starters will burn up.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

moodnacreek

On some skid steers [on some wheels] you have room on the wheel disc section to drill a circle of holes and then bolt short sections of log chain around the tires. I saw this done on Gehl skid steers at a cedar mill in the northeast kingdom.[ That was Conley,s .]

Gere Flewelling

Bruno, BB Chain in either Milford NH, or Concord NH are your best sources of tire chains in NH in my opinion.  They operate out of the Chappell Tractor Stores.  I have been purchasing tire chains of all sizes and types for many years from them.  The salesman "Tucker Siros" has a sales truck and can deliver them to you.  Web site is www.bbchain.com  Prices are usually decent as well.  GF
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

barbender

Chains will make your life way, way easier Bruno. I have tracks on my skid right now, they're Grouser brand and pretty clapped out. Actually worthless on snow and ice until I put some carriage bolts on them for cleats, now they work good. Otherwise I have a set of plain pickup tire chains I usually run on the rear. Chains all the way around would be better. The way skid steers operate (skidding🤷🏽‍♂️) they ice everything up pretty quick to where plain tires can't do much. And be careful, I use to hit the ground daily when I worked my chained up skid on a logging landing, they really make the ground icy. I even tried wearing those strap on ice cleats, but then I'd slip when I got on the skidder🤷🏽‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

Edvantage

I run chains on all 4 skidsteer tires. Bought online from walmart last year was very inexpensive. Should have done that a long time ago. Let some air out of tires than put chains on and air up chains never loosen up. For many years I had been welding every link on worn out chains because I had chains on the rear only and was spinning too much. Chains on all 4 and I can stall the engine before I spin.

chep

What a difference a week makes huh bruno? !!! Merry Christmas.  That rain took all the snow down your way? Cos it did up here. Like it never even fell... I always laugh at how much time we spend moving snow and then have it all melt away once we are done...

Bruno of NH

We lost most of it.
It's going to rain again New Years .
Then I hope it all goes 
That way I can get my act back together.
Still have issues with Big Bob 
Put all new fuel filters on it yesterday. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Stephen1

I run chains on the rear of my skid steer, they have nice lugs all the way around. They really make a mess in the gravel,  but work great with snow and ice.  but I am only moving a small amount of a yard for snow and mainly in febuary to clear the yard for syrup season. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!