iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skiing in Colorado

Started by hackberry jake, January 06, 2014, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

Me and the wife are skiing in Colorado for our honeymoon. Its a blast! We kind of feel different because we are wearing carhart bibs and carhart coats and everybody else has fancy ski gear, but we aren't trying to impress anybody. Just having a blast! We are at Winter Park BTW.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

sandhills

Hope you have a blast!  If you's worried about the attire you should've picked the weekend UNL's rodeo club goes out there (or at least used to)  ;).

Magicman

Congrats on the Winter Park trip.  Carhartts are good.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

My wife's son lives in DC. I always look out of place when I go there.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

QuoteIts a blast! We kind of feel different because we are wearing carhart bibs and carhart coats and everybody else has fancy ski gear,

Be careful, or you will be setting a whole new fad for 2014 on the slopes.  ;D

Maybe time to invest in some Carhart stock.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

wesdor

Winter Park is one of my favorite places.

For future reference, if you want a great place to stay, contact Todd Waldron at Timber House.  Probably not a place for a honeymoon, but good family lodging.  We will be back there in early Feb. As they say, no women to pick up, not a bar within half a mile, people ski all day, breakfast at 7:30, supper at 6:00, and Warren Miller movies after supper until bed time (9:00 pm)

Looks to me like just about everything is open.  If you are a good skier I recommend the rail road themes on the front of Mary Jane.  DeRailer is one of my favorites.  Also, the high speed lift to Parsen Bowl can be great if you have new snow and not too much wind.  The views from on top are fantastic.

Bill Gaiche

Winter Park is a great ski area. Nice place to stay also. Good places to eat. Have fun and don't come home with anything broke. If you go thru Idaho Springs, stop at the Buffalo Bar and have a good meal. bg

WmFritz

If your not careful Jake, you'll get spoiled to skiing the Rockies. You won't ski anywhere else.  :D  Have fun!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

beenthere

Quote from: WmFritz on January 07, 2014, 01:32:29 AM
If your not careful Jake, you'll get spoiled to skiing the Rockies. You won't ski anywhere else.  :D  Have fun!

Fritz
Are you suggesting that Jake won't be happy skiing on those slopes in Arkansas anymore?   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

hackberry jake

I tried it once when I was about 15. We called it leaf boarding. Take the trucks off of a skateboard and wait for rain, then the wet leaves make for a pretty slick substrate. Watch out for rocks and trees!

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

hackberry jake

clww

There was an avalanche near Vail this afternoon. Reported one dead and two injured.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

Quote from: beenthere on January 07, 2014, 02:05:58 AM
Quote from: WmFritz on January 07, 2014, 01:32:29 AM

Fritz
Are you suggesting that Jake won't be happy skiing on those slopes in Arkansas anymore?   ;D

BT, I didn't mean to infer that Jake would no longer want to schuss the world class ski slopes in and around the St. Paul Arkansas area after a taste of the Rockie Mountains. But, I'm thinking that with the long lift lines and crowded runs near home, he'll really enjoy the uncrowded, wide open slopes of the Rockies.   :D :D  Just saying!

Jake... skateboarding on wet leaves? Sounds like one of them extreme sports!  ;D ;D ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

luvmexfood

I was going to post something similiar to Beenthere. I can see it now. Kurt and Goldie showing up in Carharts. Enjoy. Never did ski but rode a many a trip down the hill on an inflated coal truck intertube. But we had to walk back up the hill.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Magicman

Jake, your video link is private ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

Quote from: hackberry jake on January 07, 2014, 08:03:44 AM
I tried it once when I was about 15. We called it leaf boarding. Take the trucks off of a skateboard and wait for rain, then the wet leaves make for a pretty slick substrate. Watch out for rocks and trees!
We used to go "leaf boarding" on pine needles, and ya, it's about half dangerous.
For some stupid reason I still own a 5' long gas powered skateboard that I haven't used in 10 years. The ground just doesn't have enough give to it any more. ;D

Allan

hackberry jake

WmFritz

Yup... workin now. Got to love all that sunshine. I camped in the summers and rode dirt bikes around Winter Park. Never skied there though. It looks like I was missing out.  :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

redprospector

I'm just having a hard time believing that you're on your honey moon.........and posting on the forum.  :D
She must be a keeper.  smiley_thumbsup
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Rob5073

Winter Park is a great ski area.  I spent most of the time skiing on the Mary Jane side of the mountain.  Lived in CO from 1988 to 2001 and skied at countless areas.  Copper and Vail were my favorites.  Have fun.  Great mountain biking in Winter Park and the Fraser Valley during the summer. 

Thank You Sponsors!